What's more dirty???

I suppose I am lucky that I haven't seen any of my dogs eat their own poo. I've seen them eat cayote poo, cat poo, vomit, and who knows what kind of poos those others might have been... But that isn't to say that I won't see them do that deed... But I definitely rather cuddle with my poo eating chicken than my dog after what I have seen...

Quote:
gig.gif
:lau

Quote:
Exactly how I feel. All depends on how they are cared for. I've seen outdoor dogs that I could smell 20 feet away. I've also seen indoor beloved pets with untreated ( or poorly treated) skin conditions and/or ear infections that smell bad enough to make you
sickbyc.gif
. Same goes for chickens. I don't smell chickens when I go down to my coops. That's because I use sand in the run and coop, and it gets "scooped" daily. My neighbors on the other hand, have coops with layers and layers of chicken manure in them. They NEVER clean them. Lets just say you don't want to be down wind of that, lol! I have 4 dogs, 2 little, 2 big. I pride myself on a having a house that doesn't smell like I have any animals. (We also happen to have a ferret, bunny, mouse and 2 rats. All the but the bunny are in my daughter's room, bunny is in the laundry room They are at one end of the house, so you can't smell them in the main part of the house.) I have allergies, so my dogs have to be bathed often. Even dirt on the dogs fur is enough to make my allergies start up. I was a dog groomer for a few years, then a vet tech for many. Keeping a dogs coat clean and healthy is kind of in my blood.
tongue.png
I'd like to say my chickens are pretty clean too, but that fact that they live strictly outdoors and actually bath in dirt, makes them a little more dirty, imo.

Back
Top Bottom