What's my chicken?

Mommy of 2

In the Brooder
Nov 8, 2016
All we know about this girl is that she's a six and a half months old bantam
[/IMG]

welcome-byc.gif

Are those full size birds in the pic with her? If so, she's not a bantam, just a smaller full size bird. Is she laying? If so, what color eggs?

Kind of resembles a silver Leghorn, but I can't see her build well from the pic. Can we get a profile shot?

She hasn't laid any yet. The bird in front of her is a turkey and the one behind is considerably bigger, it just isn't obvious in this picture. I got her, a silkie rooster and buff Orpington rooster at the same time, the Orrington is already bigger than my hens that are 3 years old, the silkie rooster is smaller than my hens and this hen is smaller than the silkie. I'll try to take a couple others of her in a bit.

My first thought was a Silver Leghorn as well. But if she's smaller than the Silkie....Hmm

Silkie roosters can be pretty big, especially if it's from a hatchery.
The only breed with that coloring and white earlobes, and yellow legs is Silver Leghorn.
Bout gotta be. Must just be big silkie. I had some once that got over 6 pounds and nearly two feet tall, all roosters. I butchered them but now I wished I'd saved some for breeding. Would have been cool to breed some gigantic Silkies.

Back
Top Bottom