What's on this egg?

was it like feed? could it have been on her foot or another hens foot hen was there more than 1 egg in the nest ??

I'm getting the extra calcium deposits on some of my eggs and it's right into the shell and can't be flicked off. Some of the eggs might have about 30 "dots" at the pointy end, and one actually has a big gob there.
Does anyone know what causes the extra calcium deposits?

Quote:
Too much calcium in their diet. If you're feeding free choice oyster shell, take it away a couple days a week and feed it on a limited basis.

Of course it may be caused by a LACK of calcium in their diets also. If you aren't feeding oyster shell, try supplementing their diets with it and see if it clears up.

I get those grainy sopts on some of mine sometimes--they have never had any bad affect on the egss--mine scrape off too. They are shell colored by the way for all those who think they are eggs from an insect. Green egg--green deposits Brown egg--brown deposits, so I really feel it's not eggs--plus they are on there immediately after laying cause I've picked them up right after.

Back
Top Bottom