What's the best chicken treat???

Earthworms! My rooster used to go crazy making his, "Look, here's some food!" tk tk tk tk noise whenever I threw one at him. I'm surprised he didn't keel over from loss of breath... Good thing the worms were slow, or they would have gotten away before he finished freaking out.
lol.png

Mine love rice and spagghetti, but their ultimate favorite are the classic mealworm. When my chickens see me with a bag of mealworms they all gather up and try jumping at the bag, and when I release the worms to the ground, my chickens eat all the worms in 5 seconds! It's very fun to watch! You can find them in local aquarium pet stores or fish bait shops and are very inexpensive. Good luck!
smile.png

Recently I had a bunch of pomegranates and I gave some to the chickens and they loved them! They also love worms, noodles well, just about all leftovers that I give them!

My girls are equally enthusiastic about:
yogurt
centipedes
beetles
rice
pasta
bread
tortillas
couscous
grapes
blueberries
tuna fish
cheese
moths
spiders
daddy long legs
my lettuce garden
my bean garden
my jalapeno plants
microwaved eggs
cherry tomatoes

The list goes on & on.

Yesterday DBF pointed out a large spider on the living room ceiling. PC (pre-chicken) I would have caught it & released it outside. Yesterday I caught it and dumped it on top of their morning yogurt. May the fastest chicken win!

Boring old bread is probably their favorite. But they also love watermelon, berries, cereal, birdseed, any form of pasta including macaroni and cheese and spaghetti, or anything we happen to be eating. They are terrible beggars. Bread is the one thing they all like, then, they have their individual favorites. I wish they didn't like frogs and salamanders...(sigh...)
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom