What's the best hatchery?

Peavy

In the Brooder
12 Years
Mar 29, 2007
Reno, NV
I have 4 year old Delawares that came from Privett Hatchery. I love my gals, but I am a little disappointed in their "Delaware-ness". Only one of the four is a typical Delly and I have been told that Privett is known for not having quality chickens. I wonder if anyone knows what the best quality commercial hatchery would be? I'd like to get some more babies, probably Dominiques, but I'd like them to look, act and lay like Dominiques.

I got 3 Privett EE's last year and am very happy. One lays an egg the is sometimes blue and sometimes green (I know absolutely for sure that these eggs are from the same pullet. The second lays a green egg. The third lays an olive green egg. They each lay about 5 large eggs per week. They have been some of my best layers throughout the winter. I am going to get 3 more EE's this year and I have been checking the local feed stores specifically for them to come from Privett. Maybe some of privett's breeds are better than others (I know this is technically a mixed breed).

well I've ordered from Ideal hatchery and Cackle hatchery. I would say that Cackle hatchery is better
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom