Whats the best thermometer/hygrometer?

No problem!
big_smile.png

I tried to order this exact thermometer/hygrometer from GQC and they didn't send it to me. It's also NOT in the catalogue they sent me with the things I did receive from my order. On the order slip there was NO explaination as to why they didn't send it eitther. I also cannot get this company to answer it's customer service line at all! I ended up buying two Springfield thermometer/hygrometers at Wal-mart, of all places for about $6.50 each. They read in tenths of a degree, and run on one AAA battery. I cross checked them with other thermometers, and they are fairly accurate. Gee, two for less than the price of the one that they wouldn't send. You can also pick up a really cheap indoor/outdoor t/h combo at Home Depot or Lowe's for about $3.50 bucks, but it is big and the Springfield are about the size of a pack of trident.

I got a thermo/hygro in the reptile section at Petsmart. It reads both to 0.1. Its 4" x 1.25" x 0.25" A little hard to read with my old eyes, but I used a flashlight to see it better without opening the bator.

I agree with acashewnut. I have two of these that I use in the incubator and brooder. They work great and are easily read through the viewing window. Since starting to use it we have had the highest hatch rate of our local group that has been hatching birds. The best part is that they are readily available and don't cost much.

Bill

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom