What's the best way to pick up a rooster?

Quote:
OK, I get how they remove the cap. Nice video, thanks for posting the link! But what happens next? Does the little soft inside shrivel up or get pecked off? How does it "heal"? Seems so "easy" and like a great fix!

lol im not saying hold them there. im saying hold em upside down for a few seconds. they will not smother. i have done it thousands of times. it lets them know whos boss. roos are not crazy agressive creatures that will attack you during the day. theyre just male chickens. grab theyre legs. then hold em football style. easiest way and they get used to it.

I reach down and put a hand on each wing and then tuck him in close to my body. He likes me to blow warm air on the back of his head! He puts his head against my chest, closes his eyes and his legs drop. he is always happy to let me hold him. Same routine for the other roo, he is a little more afraid but the warm air on the back of his head always works.
smile.png

Quote:
thumbsup.gif

If for some reason I need to pick one of my roos up during the day, I do it the same way that I do it at night. I pick them up and hold them as the precious pets they are, not as some creature that I need to be afraid of.

It is during these situations like this that I say
tongue2.gif
to all of those who laugh at me for training my birds. All I have to do is point to the rail and say "up up". My boys fly up and I can file away. When my BO was injured, he would just stand there while I cleaned and dressed his wounds. I never had to pick him up or hold him down.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom