What's the chances.....

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by LilMissPetie, May 26, 2011.

1. LilMissPetie

LilMissPetie Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2011
    Michigan
    So after the other day of freaking out because one of the kids turn the temp on the bator down. The power goes out yesterday for 3 hours....Wow was I upset again [​IMG] Luckily my dad doesn't live to far away, so I transfered them to a carton took the incubator and ran them to his house. Earlier that day(which was day 5) I had candled two and could see that they were growing in there. I was so excited, and then for the power to go out 5 hours later. I sure hope that they will still be okay, I will candle them again later today.

2. sparkles2307

sparkles2307 Terd of Hurtles

you could get lucky!

3. hannakat

hannakat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2010
    Beaver County, PA
    Chicks are resilent! Leave them alone for at least a week so that if there is growth, you'll have no doubt. Candling every few days doesn't give enough time for development to be obvious..... imo.

Good luck!

4. LilMissPetie

LilMissPetie Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2011
    Michigan
    I should still be turning though right? I also am wondering about the humidity, I have been looking here on this site trying to figure it all out, What should it be at right now for eggs on day 2 and 6? and then during lockdown?

5. cowmilker1958

cowmilker1958 New Egg

May 25, 2011
    All you can do is your best to keep them warm enough to finish growing until they hatch.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by