What's the etiquette nowadays?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Lunachick, Mar 31, 2009.

1. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    We received a "thank you" card in the mail today from a relative that was married a year ago. (it was a very nice wedding!) I almost forgot about it til we got the mail today. [​IMG] That seemed kinda like a LONG TIME for a response....am I thinking it was TOO long.....or what?

OR, at least we got one? .......[​IMG]

2. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Better now than never! [​IMG]

3. Ec_Prokta

Ec_Prokta Continuum Shift Anomaly

Jan 14, 2009
    That's long.

4. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    Quote:Send a pic of your so's red inflamed cyst and draw eyes and a mouth and a bubble above it that reads, "You're welcome."

5. scbatz33

scbatz33 No Vacancy, Belfry Full

Jan 23, 2009
    South GA
    There are a couple of sites that say with in one year of the wedding date is acceptable. Miss Manners says she's just happy if the bride bothers to send one at all!

However, Jeanne Hamilton of Wedding Etiquette Hell says guests have a year to send a gift and it is a common missunderstanding that the bride has a year to send the thank you. She says the thank you should be sent no later than 1 month after the reciept of the gift.

6. Rhett&SarahsMom

Rhett&SarahsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    at least you got one.

We have attended weddings, showers and such or sent gifts and never received a "thank you" note.

I think it is the way people are raised. I was so proud of my sister when I got my Thank You card from her within two days of both her wedding and her baby shower. Mom raised us right and proper. [​IMG]

7. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    Hey! I had a lot of posts...not just one! Now I have to get busy and rack up more posts! Rhett - you're already ahead of me with eight! [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Judy

Judy Chicken Obsessed Staff Member Premium Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
    Etiquette has not changed, but its use certainly has.

9. Rhett&SarahsMom

Rhett&SarahsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    Quote:I have nothing else better to do yet. Already cleaned the coop. Gotta get some stuff done though

10. EngieKisses

EngieKisses Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2008
    Collinsville, Oklahoma
    I believe it is too long, I would have forgotton what
    I got ya by then!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by