What's the next HOT breed/color?

Quote:
Most of the big name hatcheries offer them BUT the are not pure in form they are a derivative(their version usually) of a jungle fowl crossed with something else usually a game type or leghorn type breed.

Jeff

Yeah, I've seen those... I'm obviously talking about the REAL thing, where can you get those?

Quote:
LOL yeah it does heheheheee. That jungle fowl does look very very cool................that comb is awesome....... I figure it would take the hatcheries all but 45 nano seconds to mess that bird up beyond recognition.

gig.gif
Okay, just wanted to make sure I understood you
wink.png

Wow, hatcheries would not just mess that bird up--they would destroy it!
lau.gif
Let's see, they'd either take the real thing and dope it with Leghorns to make it lay better, or they would mix a bunch of sickly Mediterranean breeds together and hope they got something similar.
roll.png

How true........... how very true.......... you hit the nail on the head. But you failed to mention the 400 bazillion people who could care less what they were getting and still order them for $2.50 each delivered to there doorstep and be tickled pink to get them, cause of course the whole little cute factor............
barnie.gif
hide.gif

I just really like seeing and raising birds in the true form and beauty............... Kinda like having a hatchery mutt and then wanting to go Organic all the way, what's up with that. It's the way of the world, and it's all good I guess.

Quote:
Most of the big name hatcheries offer them BUT the are not pure in form they are a derivative(their version usually) of a jungle fowl crossed with something else usually a game type or leghorn type breed.

Jeff

Yeah, I've seen those... I'm obviously talking about the REAL thing, where can you get those?

Oh okay, well, obviously, in the REAL Jungle then I'd reckon. jeesh
roll.png

Last edited:
Quote:

roll.png

get a big net on a long pole... i hear they fly high... and learn to swing on vines as you'll need that

Im with you 100% Al on the heritage breeds. We have too many breeds here that need rejuvinating and the energy of new fanciers to care for them but the goofy, strange colors always seem to attract the newbies.

Hoping to make an impact with some Heritage breeds in the upcoming years. Perhaps its because I am getting older and more nostalgic.

Quote:

Jeff

Which "Junglefowl" are you referring to the "real thing"?

Red Junglefowl,
Grey Junglefowl,
Green Junglefowl,
Sri Lanka Junglefowl,
Ceylon Junglefowl,
Saipans Junglefowl

Chris

Quote:

roll.png

There are few people that have them. Most of them are technically more like pheasants than chickens, and I believe there are some that are arial nesters too.

But it would likely take a good bit of searching to find some

Back
Top Bottom