What's the rarest breed or variety you have?

Pics
Are they worth the price? They are beautifull, but thats a lot.
I got them in an assortment so paid only 20 a piece I think. They're so young right now, only four weeks old so I can't really tell you much about them. They're pretty friendly and not too flighty though :) They're also pretty cute and seem to have big eyes. My chickens are pretty much solely pets and egg production doesn't matter to us but hopefully they'll lay green eggs which is neat. Worth-it is different for everyone and I can speak more about the breed after they mature but definitely check out the what Greenfire has on Rare Breed Auctions. They often have chicks severely discounted and it's updated all the time. If you're looking for some definitely check on there!

What are Pyncheons?
Think Mille fleur pattern on a bantam cream legbars body
Also what do spitzhaubens look like?
The mainly white bird with black and a crest is a Spitz
20220125_115043.jpg

What are Pyncheons? Do you have any pics? Also what do spitzhaubens look like? I don’t have the knowledge or expertise that other ladies( and gentlemen) have that are here. Im grateful they are patient and don’t mind sharing they’re knowledge with us newbies.
I can't post pictures now. But if you click my profile, a picture of my Spitz should come up, then click the Pyncheon tag and go to my Pyncheon thread.

What are Pyncheons? Do you have any pics? Also what do spitzhaubens look like? I don’t have the knowledge or expertise that other ladies( and gentlemen) have that are here. Im grateful they are patient and don’t mind sharing they’re knowledge with us newbies.
This is a full body shot of a female citron Spitzhauben. (Citron is the color of this bird.
citron.jpg

You can do a google image search for "Pyncheon chicken" or "Spitzhauben chicken" or any other chicken you are not familiar with, and you will typically turn up some pictures. I do that pretty often for breeds I am not familiar with.
images.google.com is what I use for this.

You can also look at chicken breeds on feathersite, which has many pictures of many different breeds.
https://www.feathersite.com/Poultry/CGP/Pyn/BRKPynch.html
https://www.feathersite.com/Poultry/CGA/Spitz/BRKSpitzhauben.html

Back
Top Bottom