What's the rarest breed or variety you have?

Pics
You can do a google image search for "Pyncheon chicken" or "Spitzhauben chicken" or any other chicken you are not familiar with, and you will typically turn up some pictures. I do that pretty often for breeds I am not familiar with.
images.google.com is what I use for this.

You can also look at chicken breeds on feathersite, which has many pictures of many different breeds.
https://www.feathersite.com/Poultry/CGP/Pyn/BRKPynch.html
https://www.feathersite.com/Poultry/CGA/Spitz/BRKSpitzhauben.html
Thank you , will do thanks for pointing that out🤦‍♀️

We started with Blue Laced Red and Silver Laced Wyandotte’s and Lavender Orpingtons (from our first groups we have one of each of the Wyandotte’s and 2 Orp girls left.. jumped into things with a terrible breeder).

Now we have Blue Andalusians, Marans, Silverudd Isbar, Ameraucana (blue, black and splash), Crested Cream Legbar, Silver Laced Polish, Mosaics, Speckled Sussex, Salmon Faverolles, one assumed Welsummer hen that was sold as a Partridge Wyandotte but she has a single comb and lays a lovely speckled egg, and a handful of EEs. Just hatched out some Partridge Chanteclers, Standard Cornish and Black Australorps as well because what is chicken math? 🤷🏼‍♀️

D2C2AA7A-5A2C-495B-BCA3-EF6ACA0B3683.jpeg

I don't really have anything rare, but here's my 2 cents worth. I have French Black Copper Marans, French Blue Copper Marans, Blue Laced Red Wyandotte, Splash Blue Laced Red Wyandottes, Bantam Old English Game Bird Cockbird, barnyard mixes (pullets and cockerels) of all of the above.

My rarest would be the Aloha's. last year the breeding flocks fell to five farms with a total population of around 100 left worldwide due to predation and weird calamities.

I've brought eggs in from all the farms left to make sure I have all the genetics left I can. I hatched out or brought in140 chicks so when they start laying I will have the largest flock to hopefully get eggs and chicks to people who are interested in helping bring the breed back from the edge of extinction.

20200930_165938.jpg

20200930_170405.jpg

My rarest would be the Aloha's. last year the breeding flocks fell to five farms with a total population of around 100 left worldwide due to predation and weird calamities.

I've brought eggs in from all the farms left to make sure I have all the genetics left I can. I hatched out or brought in140 chicks so when they start laying I will have the largest flock to hopefully get eggs and chicks to people who are interested in helping bring the breed back from the edge of extinction.

View attachment 3102244
View attachment 3102246
This is so cool! Best of luck with your flock - they’re beautiful!

View attachment 3102244
View attachment 3102246
When you get stable with the flock will you be selling eggs/chicks out of state? Or just pick up to avoid the complications of shipping?

When you get stable with the flock will you be selling eggs/chicks out of state? Or just pick up to avoid the complications of shipping?
I can ship eggs now, after the new farm is recertified for NPIP I will be able to ship chicks. NPIP is tied to the physical location not the farm, so when you move you have to be recertified all over again. My flock was just tested and is negative, just waiting on the inspection now to get my new NPIP number and then I can ship chicks.

Back
Top Bottom