What's the rarest breed or variety you have?

Pics
Huh. Maybe it's the angle of the photo, or something about my computer screen. I was really sure I saw a rose comb on the male under the perch, near the middle top of the photo.

Since you're the one who sees them in person, you're probably right :confused:
His pea comb is kind of large and flat. It even has a pointy end. But Wide Bukin definitely has a pea comb. Rose would be genetically impossible, as all his parents have pea combs, plus he has the rows of spikes. But, I’ll admit, he doesn’t have three rows, exactly, more like 3 1/2.
I’m actually working on the combs this year. Despite him having excellent coloring and being the cockerel I will bring to the fair, I’m not sure I’ll use him for breeding because I’ve gotten a lot of weird combs recently. But the weird combs I get are usually tall, floppy, and narrow while his is short and wide. I guess it’s kind of a step away from the chrysanthemum combs of Ko Shamo, which are just modified pea combs.
A3F54B05-9630-47E0-8E74-E6C69A6BFFD2.jpeg 7D1DEE46-145B-4BF6-ADDA-6CA6C060567B.jpeg

Last edited:
Oooh… 😍
I see you also have Vorwerks.
ETA nice tree
Yes. I've not been too happy with the Vorwerks. They are more dominant & aggressive than I appreciate. Most of my girls have sweet laid back personalities, which has meant few flock disputes ~ until the Vorwerks. 😳 They even pick fights with my cats. :he

Back
Top Bottom