What's the rarest breed or variety you have?

Pics
I think most people call them 'Khaki sports', but that's really a misnomer. 'Sport' implies that it's an unexpected color from a crossing, whereas Khaki would be a completely normal result from breeding two Fawns together. It's also quite hard to see because of how pale they are, but they do still have the Silver Duckwing patterning over top of their Khaki coloring, so they technically are Khaki Silver Duckwing by coloration.

I think most people call them 'Khaki sports', but that's really a misnomer. 'Sport' implies that it's an unexpected color from a crossing, whereas Khaki would be a completely normal result from breeding two Fawns together. It's also quite hard to see because of how pale they are, but they do still have the Silver Duckwing patterning over top of their Khaki coloring, so they technically are Khaki Silver Duckwing by coloration.
Wow!! Do you have pics of them? Or do you even have them?😂
I should've asked that first..🤦🤣🤣

Wow!! Do you have pics of them? Or do you even have them?😂
I should've asked that first..🤦🤣🤣

Yup! I've had several hatch from my Fawn Silver Duckwings. 😁 I posted some pictures of them in post #391 on the last page, but here they are again, a male and a female Khaki Silver Duckwing:

Louis.jpg
Havok.jpg

Wow 🤩 thank you been looking for that.. lol now I can just print off the breeds I have and make my own folder 😁😁😁

I'm in the US, but I'm using the Australian standards for my Australorps because I don't have access to the US standards.

I'm not showing them so it doesn't matter. I just need a good target to aim for.

I got a breeding pair of Fawn Silver Duckwings a few years ago and hatched the Khakis out of them. 😊 Fawn breeds like Blue, so roughly 1/4 of the offspring from breeding Fawn Silver Duckwings together are just plain Silver Duckwing, 1/2 are Fawn Silver Duckwing, and 1/4 are Khaki Silver Duckwing.

Back
Top Bottom