Whats the right way to incubate chicken eggs

grannychicken54

Chirping
7 Years
Aug 23, 2012
OK
My son bought me a Genesis Hova-Bator its not very expensive but for him it was so it says its pre set at factory at 100 degrees and all you do is add warter and eggs I thought you where supposed to set it at 99.5 for forced air and also I read on here that you where to raise the wire in the final days so the temp is the same in the yolk. I am now totally confused I have eggs coming from PapaBrooder this week and also some from Gabbard farms. I have another incubator to so I can split the eggs the other incubator it is a way cheap one from Atwoods but I have hatched some of my own eggs in it but I think it was dumb luck Please some tell me the best way I really want these eggs to hatch. The Hova-Bator is digital and says it will not cook eggs. Any info would be wonderful. Please Help thanks

Thanks so much for the info I so want these to hatch I will be refering to your notes if that is ok with you. Again thank you

Thanks so much for the info I so want these to hatch I will be refering to your notes if that is ok with you. Again thank you
Your welcome! and of course thats why I wrote them, to help others and chicks!! your welcome to come hang inthe incubating thread with us too! general talk and incubating stuff! Its nice that someone is usually around to help and give support as needed!! stop in and say hello and what your plans are! https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...ell-detatched-shipped-eggs/4740#post_10371850
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom