What's the stupidest car damage you've ever done to your own car?

Quote:
I need to find a car like that when my daughter learns to drive...

I got a 89 dodge truck...it's a real tank, totally teen driving proof, but sucks gas like no body's business!!!

Can't be a truck or friends'll be trying to climb in the back. Or make her haul 'stuff'...

Quote:
I got a 89 dodge truck...it's a real tank, totally teen driving proof, but sucks gas like no body's business!!!

Can't be a truck or friends'll be trying to climb in the back. Or make her haul 'stuff'...

trust me, no status respecting teen would be caught dead in this truck!

Quote:

My DD is not your normal teen.

Quote:

My DD is not your normal teen.

She's your kid......
hide.gif

Kidding, kidding. I kid because I love!

Quote:
It's okay. I was thinking that as I typed it <sigh>

And imagining her painting it flat black and then doodling weird drawings all over it. And hauling the drums for the band...

ok I have a few..

I was parked right next to a lightpole at work-it was in my blind spot ( brand new red van mind you-7 years ago) From a parked position I cranked my wheel to do a u-ee smash scrape-smashed the whole side of my van-so now I was down to 1 sliding door.

two weeks later with said damaged new van I was going to work-5am-DARK OUT forgot hubby parked his grandfathers antique snowmobile RIGHT behind me-smash I went again-ruined the snowmobile and the hutch could not open now-Did I say I was scared to wake DH up to tell him??? I guess I didnt have to the crash noise did it for me:-(

3 weeks later with said not so new smashed up red van again backing out of the driveway at 5 am to go to work and neighbors parked their BRAND NEW caravan in a spot they hadnt ever parked in in the 5 year history of being their neighbors-wiped out the whole side of the drivers side! 1500$ out of our pockets not to go through Insurance co!

Did I say I was still married??? yah...well it was pretty bad after that 3rd accident! I have had none since and that was 7 years ago
wee.gif
That red van I sold to a buddy when it was paid off for 1500$ he fixed it all up and today you would never know I totaled out that car 3 times in 6 weeks!!!

Haven't had an accident since-but DH backed up into a tree in our yard-it was in his blind spot! LOL

Last edited:
uhhhh.....backed up the Honda van without realizing the tongue of the 5th wheel trailer was in direct competition for the same space. Back window EXPLODED! Even after it was fixed we could hear tinkling glass shards when we turned. . . .

Quote:
It's okay. I was thinking that as I typed it <sigh>

And imagining her painting it flat black and then doodling weird drawings all over it. And hauling the drums for the band...

I thin k our kids were separated at birth!!

High school parking lot was surrounded by 3' creosote poles. Newbie driver, bad judgement, thought I could get between them.......with a pole on each side about midway between the front and back, it dawned on me that I was in a bit of a predicament.....20 years later, my mother still didn't see the humor of the situation........

I had a co-worker that got chewed out by our boss one afternoon. When she left for the day she was in such a hurry to get outta the place that she cut a turn really close and her van scraped the nearby telephone pole the length of her van. Made her double mad!!! A miracle she made it home safe.

Back
Top Bottom