What's the stupidest car damage you've ever done to your own car?

Quote:
Women drivers....
roll.png

PC!
smack.gif

AHHHHHH....power windows! mine got stuck down on my 85 Lincoln, was getting ready to rain(of course) so i tried to get it up, no luck(of course) so i grabbed a pair of pliers... WHY??.. i don't know, held the power button & pulled up with the pliers.....lol, the whole window just ....shattered!...
th.gif

I was in HS, on my way to see my GF (now wife) in my DADs truck, and bring her some flowers - we had just started dating. I was in a rush because I was running late to see her then get to work.
I slam into a tree that is like 10 feet from the edge of my long driveway backing up. Broke the rear window with my head, my glasses end up behind the truck next to the treee (took a while to find them)

The worst was having to retell the story to: Janice, her parents (who have only met me one time), my mom (who tried to figure out how to hide it from my dad) and eventually my dad when he came home from a business trip.
To this day his "baby" has one side of the bed primer red, and the chrome is in a box somewhere (It cost me $1500, and we never finished painting it)

A few years later, my sister hand grenades the rear end (there were gears sticking out of the metal) "pulling out of a parking lot" that mysteriously was covered in mud! The poor truck sits in the driveway all two-toned and broken.

I was 16 and taking my driving exam with a trooper in the passenger seat. It was winter and there was snow and some ice on the ground. I was driving borrowed car from a friend. I was about to parrallell park and slid backwards hitting the passenger door on the front left corner of a parked car to the rear right sight. I was then struck from behind turning the car toward the first impact. the trooper had to climb out through the driver side in order to write me a ticket.

Quote:
I need to find a car like that when my daughter learns to drive...

I got a 89 dodge truck...it's a real tank, totally teen driving proof, but sucks gas like no body's business!!!

Hey dude, whatcha trying to say about teen drivers!?

When I was 18 I hung my truck in a ditch,, one end on each side. I was chewing gum,, rolled the window down a little and tossed the gum out, it went straight down and got stuck to the door, so I tried to roll the window down more and started sucking the gum down with it,, so I tried to stick my arm out through the tiny space and angle it down to get the gum and kind of forgot I was driving while I was doing it. My passenger was watching me and suddenly realized we were going off the road at about 70,, flew through the air and came down across the ditch.

Two weeks later I was backing out of a space and cranked the wheel to hard and hit a pole with the driver's side door,, it looked like the truck ran sideways across the lot to do it.

Quote:
Sounds like my brother's '72 newport....hit a deer running 60 mph. Creamed the deer pretty good. It bent the front fender, which my uncle chained to a tree and backed the car up to straighten. Afterwards the only way you could tell he'd hit the deer is that there were some hairs stuck on the side of the car under the emblem
lol.png

When I was young and stupid I left a bar (with an off duty police officer friend) and hit a parked vehicle on our way to a restaurant at 2 in the morning. He got out of my car and inspected both cars and noticed no damage to the other car, but the front quarter panel of mine was pushed up against my tire....he pulled it out and we drove off to have bacon and eggs afterwards....

The next day I had a "body man" friend replace my quarter panel.

DUMB...DUMB...DUMB...

we were very lucky we weren't hurt or worse...we...no....I....could have hurt some one else...

I'm now a BIG advocate of "Don't drink and drive or I'll slug ya"

Oh and 2/1 of this year my son backed into a woman who was tailgating and got her little plastic piece of crap stuck under my truck!

One of the most interesting things I saw done to a vehicle was right after I bought my bright, shiny, big red truck I took it Glencoe right outside Ruidoso NM and stayed with a friend. About 5:30 we woke up to a loud Bang! Bang! Bang! He ran out of his room, jumped over the sofa I was sleeping on because it sounded like someone was banging on either his white Ford, or my red Ford outside. A huge bull elk was in the process of beating the crap out of his truck! It was parked right next to mine and all I could think of was if it got near my truck I'd kill it with my own bare hands. You should of heard him trying to explain to his insurance company what happened, it looked like it had been hit by a front end loader several times.

Back
Top Bottom