1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What's the sweetest chicken related thing your family/friends have ever done to you?

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Scooter&Suzie, Jan 11, 2013.

1. Scooter&Suzie

Scooter&Suzie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    Since Wednesday night, I have been sick, and my sister did the sweetest thing for me! She brought two of my chickens inside, while I was lying down, for me to cuddle and pet. Nothing makes me feel better then when I have my chickens around [​IMG]

What have your family or friends done to show they understand your chicken insanity and love you anyway?

2. americana-lover

americana-lover Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2012
    Michigan
    That sounds so sweet! My mom once did that to me! I think the nicest thing was letting me get chickens, and helping me make the coop!

3. Scooter&Suzie

Scooter&Suzie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    Yeah, well I just being able to get chickens is probably one of the sweetest things :)

4. Hippie Chicks Mom

Hippie Chicks Mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2010
    Near Old Forge NY
    On the day we brought home our very first chickens, a friend of my husband posted signs ALL THE WAY down our long driveway. As we drove in with "The Five" all we saw was sign after sign of funny sayings announcing their arrival. Made me smile almost as much as having chickens![​IMG]
    HippieChickHomestead.wordpress.com

5. SillyChicken

SillyChicken Overrun With Chickens

Jan 12, 2010
    Mine gets up every day and opens the coops and puts out water for them so I don't have to get up earlier to do it all myself. He also gave me some antique chicken statues for Christmas this year.

6. Criskin

Criskin Lost somewhere in a book

A couple of days ago, my husband spent all day working in his Dad's shop. I figured he was working on one of their projects but when he got home that night he had a surprise...he had spent the whole day making me a new chicken tractor out of reclaimed materials. It is adorable and just what I needed for my Spring breeding project. He's even used tiny chicken wire so I could use it for 5 week old chicks when they move outside!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by