1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What's the temperature where you are???

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by mamabird, Jan 17, 2009.

1. mamabird

mamabird Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    App. Mtn's
    I'm in No. Central West Virginia...it was -11 (that's not a typo, yes MINUS 11 Degrees) this morning! I hope I don't find chicken-pops when I go to feed and water this morning! [​IMG]
    Yesterday, the radio said Alaska was averaging 40 degrees, it was -5 here at the time! I don't like the heat, but this is CRAZY COLD!

How frozen are you guys???

2. birdnutz

birdnutz Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2007
    wyoming
    I'm at 33* right now with a high expected of 48. tomorrows high is expected to be 59. Sure is crazy weather. We usually have what your getting.

3. mbrown

mbrown Out Of The Brooder

Jul 17, 2008
    North Florida
    I'm in North Florida, and it's 23 right now (at 8 am). It supposedly got into the teens last night.

My brother lives in Wisconsin and he said it was -26 yesterday. He sent me a video of him throwing hot water into the air and it instantly froze and I could hear his rooster crowing away in the background!

4. RockyToggRanch

RockyToggRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2008
    Upstate NY
    Upstate NY.. -4 (and 3 feet of snow in 24hrs [​IMG]

5. spook

spook Chillin' With My Peeps

We have been very fortunate, only +10 to 0 here in Western Maine. It was 0 yesterday in the bantam hutch, this morning its +4 in there.
    Tomorrow its going to be snowing and one blessing...it has to warm up to snow! [​IMG]

Hang in there...spring will be soon- [​IMG] just don't hold your breath!

6. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
  7. Buster

Buster Back to Work

12 degrees here this morning. About normal for January. Not as much snow as we usually have. I'm in eastern Idaho.

8. SunAngel

SunAngel Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    Its a whopping 3 degrees here right now. Supposed to get to 19 today...as if thats going to feel much warmer lol. We only have about half an inch of snow on the ground and maybe getting another dusting tomorrow. No real snow for us yet this Winter.

Chicken coop with the aid of a space heater and 2 heat lamps was hovering around 32 degrees this morning. The ducks weathered the cold ok the last 2 days/nights without heat lamps, just extra straw.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2009
  9. davidb

davidb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 15, 2008
    north east Georgia
    Its 16 here in the south land

10. Chicken Freak

Chicken Freak Out Of The Brooder

Dec 23, 2008
    I'm in eastern NC. It was around 60*, but now there's a cold front. Yesterday was 18* all day long. I guess it would be okay if it actually snowed here.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by