What's the temperature where you are???

Wednesday: 6:00am, 30°F, feels like 26°F, humidity 100%, wind ENE @ 8mph, freezing rain, 1/2" thick on everything. Was out collecting my waterers to bring in to thaw. Saw 5 huge aqua green flashes off to the SE, there's a substation over that way...I guess the transformers were exploding? Power immediately went out...most likely for a long time now! This has been the equivalent of a winter time hurricane Harvey event! :barnie :he

Wednesday: 6:00am, 30°F, feels like 26°F, humidity 100%, wind ENE @ 8mph, freezing rain, 1/2" thick on everything. Was out collecting my waterers to bring in to thaw. Saw 5 huge aqua green flashes off to the SE, there's a substation over that way...I guess the transformers were exploding? Power immediately went out...most likely for a long time now! This has been the equivalent of a winter time hurricane Harvey event! :barnie :he
Oh, no, @007Sean I hope you not with out power for long,But if they fit, you could use the ice in the fridge and freezer to help things cold and not spoil.

I'm not worried about the fridge. The ice accumulation is the problem now, powerlines will be coming down, tree limbs, etc...all the roads are closed, like anyone needs to be going anywhere but repair crews and other emergency personnel are going to take along time to get there if you have an emergency.
It has just been one big fiasco after another here. 3 million are without power state wide, 300,000 in San Antonio alone!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom