What's the temperature where you are???

How can people live in that?
Thermal underwear.

Seriously, you get used to it. Every season change, it takes about a week to acclimatize. In the spring, 70* feels like the depths of hell until I get used to it. In the winter, it’s the opposite. My heaviest coat is a windbreaker that gets me through all but maybe two weeks of winter (assuming sub-zero temps - doesn’t happen every year).

If it makes you feel better, it is currently 11°F here with the wind :oops: hoping with everything in me that it doesn't go down into the single digits. I'm not ready for that yet
It helps to know I’m not alone. I don’t usually bother with wind chill unless it goes below zero. Once wind chill gets to negatives, I figure Mother Nature is just being sarcastic.

It helps to know I’m not alone. I don’t usually bother with wind chill unless it goes below zero. Once wind chill gets to negatives, I figure Mother Nature is just being sarcastic.
I'm just getting tired of my hands turning to ice every time I have to go outside and replace the chickens' frozen water with fresh. Illinois is so horribly lame, it could at least have a tolerable climate

Thermal underwear.

Seriously, you get used to it. Every season change, it takes about a week to acclimatize. In the spring, 70* feels like the depths of hell until I get used to it. In the winter, it’s the opposite. My heaviest coat is a windbreaker that gets me through all but maybe two weeks of winter (assuming sub-zero temps - doesn’t happen every year).
Meanwhile, below 70, I bundle up.

Back
Top Bottom