Whats the weirdest thing your chickens have eaten or tried to eat??

my roo ate a rubberband. It was broken and has ends lingering. maybe he thought it was some kind of worm or something.
barnie.gif

I work in a childcare center and my Kindy Chicks, love to come inside the room and try and grab anything the kids have thrown on the floor. We have a coloured rubber band game and they even know where we store ot on the shelves.They jump up grab one and run outside with it.They also love girls headbands,they chase each other around the yard.The other day a goldfish died ,as I was taking ikt out of tank the chicken ran in and grabbed it out of my hand and gulp.yum yum..!!!!!

I have seen one of my hens that got a mouse away from one of my cats. I have also seen long legs hanging from one one of their beaks and found out it was a frog. And 3/4 of my chickens LOVE LOVE LOVE cat food. Poor cats don't have a chance. They get swarmed with all of my chickens that want that morsel!!

Cat food is the favorite by far. I don't even keep any on the porch anymore, but every morning when they get let out, there is still a stampede over there to see what might be left. I have seen a couple "keep away" games with baby mice too.

Silly birds! I've seen ours eat a snake before. They played tug-of-war with a tomato hornworm and got green slime all over. They prefer rabbit poop though. Yuck!
tongue.gif
I don't know how they do it but some great tasting eggs result!

My BR and BO absolutely LOVE to peck at my hair any time they can reach it. Bending over to do something near them, I know they'll be approaching to see if they can grab some of the frizzy bits. If they get on my shoulder, they have a buffet. Not that they can eat it, as it's attached to my head, but I really don't want to have to pull partly swallowed hair out of their icky little crops. Blech.

I thought they'd outgrow this behavior once they grew up and got outside where there are so many yummy real food items, but no.

Sigh. Crazy chickens.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom