Whats the weirdest thing your chickens have eaten or tried to eat??

The girls were all fighting over a huge toad today. I thought it was another mouse initially until I saw my head sussex girl fling the toad across the run.

LOL- last night we were installing an additional nesting box. My husband, crouched over, had his bottom pecked at repeatedly and he yelped in dismay, "why in the world are they trying to eat my bum!?" It took us a while to catch on, but as it turns out his bike shorts (he was fresh off a bike ride) have a big red stripe across the back.

I am not convinced that any of my 5 girls did not eat 2 push-pins, I never did find them. :/ AND, a few of my girls like to peck at and eat the latex paint off my gate and walls...

My hens are trying to eat their way through the door to the coop. They are pulling it apart one layer at a time. I had to check to make sure the paint isn't toxic.

I have also had to pull a stick out of a hen that was more than 18 inches long. She tried to eat it and walked around with a stick hanging out of her mouth and making gagging sounds like "ooh that was a mistake... MOOOOOM!!"
Oh my gaaawd! I laughed so so hard for this!!

My girls like to dig up the weed barrier in the border ..under the grass ..no no ..dont eat grass ..that would be NORMAL!

Just today my hens gave me one to add.. We have been letting them free range around the barn. Usually while Im outside working... anyways today I saw several of them al gathered around a side door that leads to the hay storage.. When I checked on them I saw why.. One or two had jumped onto the hay and managed to jump/fly into the door way to knock down a fly strip that was hanging there.. The rest were munching the entire thing gone.. All that was left was the little card board top..... Silly Chickens....

I haven't seen my chickens eat anything too too strange yet, but I have one named Dora who likes to eat frog heads. Just the heads. She leaves the rest of the frog. She also stole a quarter of my nephew's peanut butter and jelly sandwich the other day and ran off with it.

Just today my hens gave me one to add.. We have been letting them free range around the barn. Usually while Im outside working... anyways today I saw several of them al gathered around a side door that leads to the hay storage.. When I checked on them I saw why.. One or two had jumped onto the hay and managed to jump/fly into the door way to knock down a fly strip that was hanging there.. The rest were munching the entire thing gone.. All that was left was the little card board top..... Silly Chickens....

haa haa haa a ready made bug-cicle!!!!

Back
Top Bottom