Whats the weirdest thing your chickens have eaten or tried to eat??

How about things it's weird they WON'T eat? I have 6 girls and only one will eat a strawberry...and I mean "a" strawberry. I tossed about 4 in the pen last night and Brenda ate the smallest...the rest are still there, just squished from being stepped on. ??? Also, I pulled a couple dandelions out of the yard and threw them in the pen...they LOVE dandelions. As I watched, Blondie grabbed one and flipped it over...an earwig crawled out...she picked it up and just tossed it aside. What the heck??? It's a BUG, you silly girl! LOL

How about things it's weird they WON'T eat? I have 6 girls and only one will eat a strawberry...and I mean "a" strawberry. I tossed about 4 in the pen last night and Brenda ate the smallest...the rest are still there, just squished from being stepped on.

Mine won't eat strawberries either. I thought this was very strange as they will usually eat ANYTHING. 4 of my 5 also refuse to eat lentils.

It really struck me as odd since most folks say their birds are crazy for strawberries, LOL. Oh well, more for us
wink.png

I left for work at 5am Monday and I just arrived home. My 10 y.o. Daughter had been letting the chicks out to free range and herding them back to their run when she wanted to go in. She tells me they would not leave the covered wood shed and once out of there ran to their coop. So as I walked her outside and tucked her into bed (she has been sleeping in our camper all summer) I looked in the wood shed I found a giant old shredded wasp nest. They had found the nest I pulled two winters ago and had sprayed. I was going to hang it on the edge of my natural log bar I have in the basement. I then looked in my garage and other shed for the other nests I needed to spray and they were gone. Apparently my chickens love wasps, their nests and any flying insect. Love it, that they are helping me do chores.

Back
Top Bottom