What's the worst gift you ever received?

My grandmother one year put a bar of soap in my stocking with a note attached that said i needed to "clean up my act". Another year, for my birthday, she gave me dead irises. My brother had chopped them down, and she just swore i did it, so she gave them to me as my gift.

I bet family reunions are a joyous time. You should write her the longest, most heartfelt thank you for her kind gifts, without an ounce of irony or sarcasm. I'd just love to see the reaction to that is all.
lau.gif

For Christmas each year we all draw a name and give one person a present. My SIL mailed my Christmas present to my MIL last year for her to give to me. Instead, she thought it was for her and she opened it and kept it. None of us ever talked about it, LOL. I still don't know what I got
hmm.png

Quote:
I agree with that. My aunt is a Jehovah's Witness, so she doesn't celebrate Christmas, and I am Buddhist, so I'm really not into it either. The two of us send little gifts all year long, which I much prefer than that dreaded feeling of "Oh crap, it's Christmas, what SHOULD I give so-in-so?" I hate that feeling of SHOULD. Seems so anti-gift sentiment, doesn't it?

As far as being grateful for someone's thoughtfulness, I do agree. But in defense of my earlier post, how many fluffy pink kitty wall hangings can you handle before it gets frustrating? Especially when she outright COMPLAINED the one time she didn't see them hung all over my walls. Gifts are nice, and I DO appreciate the thought, but giving someone literally DOZENS of wall hangings and expecting them to hang them ALL is ridiculous! What about things I'd like to hang, in MY home? If I tried to hang everything she gave me, I would hate my own house, I really would. But to me, coming over and complaining when you don't see your gift in sight isn't exactly in the spirit of giving either!

I sure hope my post didn't seem directed at you or anyone else LauraJean. Your story to me fits into number one on my annoyance list..giving with intention of getting. In that case, undying thanks and displaying of fluffy kitty stuff, which itself seemed an interesting assumption. XD

]
Quote:
I would not want to decorate with the gifted wall pictures either. It's awfully wrong of her to think you should decorate in all kitty decor. It would look like a 7 year olds girl dream house.

My husband was pretty upset I didn't like the picture he bought me when we first married. It was of a wolf and he really liked it. I brought it back and exchanged it for ones we liked together. We don't exchange gifts with each other anymore, but he never bought me another wall hanging since then.

My birthday is next week and hubby is making me a chicken door on the outside run!
ya.gif
. I'm so excited my girls can have some supervised free range time!

Quote:
I would not want to decorate with the gifted wall pictures either. It's awfully wrong of her to think you should decorate in all kitty decor. It would look like a 7 year olds girl dream house.

My husband was pretty upset I didn't like the picture he bought me when we first married. It was of a wolf and he really liked it. I brought it back and exchanged it for ones we liked together. We don't exchange gifts with each other anymore, but he never bought me another wall hanging since then.

My birthday is next week and hubby is making me a chicken door on the outside run!
ya.gif
. I'm so excited my girls can have some supervised free range time!

Ken has a wall clock that is NOT on the wall. It is hunter green with mallard duck painting on the background. I do not want my home decorated like a hunter lives in a cabin in the woods.

Quote:
I just want to hug you
hugs.gif

lol thanks.. i have been putting up with it for the last 28 years.. kinda used to it now.. i make it into a game, trying to think of what they are gonna get me next haha

Back
Top Bottom