What's the worst gift you ever received?

Quote:
Donate it! There are so many kids that will go without school supplies this year
smile.png
It can be fun for you guys and make a child so happy! MINUS the thong LOLOLOL

Quote:
Donate it! There are so many kids that will go without school supplies this year
smile.png
It can be fun for you guys and make a child so happy! MINUS the thong LOLOLOL

big_smile.png
I replied that too before I saw your post......forgot to say minus the thong though!
lau.gif

I have WHAT in my yard? :

Quote:
Am I the only person on the planet that actually LIKES fruitcake?
hide.gif
OK so some are hard as rocks but a good one --
love.gif

So gift 'em to me!!
ya.gif

I've gotten so many doozies from my in-laws there is no point. EVERY SINGLE YEAR without fail my MIL gives me a bundle of spatulas.
hu.gif

I LOVE my Mom's fruitcake. Let me know if you you want the recipe. It's a lot of work and time, but toasted, with a bit of good butter? Heaven! (I would never eat the Claxton's stuff. Wet and too gooey.)

Mom's is lighter, more like poundcake with dried fruits. And soaked in applejack brandy for a couple months.​

Last edited:
I would say it was a particular item that someone (dh's family I think) gave us that I didn't particularly care for. But they gave it to us in love, and all. We had it on display to be polite, but other people thought we liked that certain item, there fore got us more pieces of that, when I didn't want the first one!

I can't think of any really bad gifts I've received, but I always ask that if someone must give me a gift, just give me food. I don't really need anything, so I usually ask the kids to just show up for dinner and spend some time with me, Terra always makes me a chocolate pie (My favorite). I also like the little handmade crayon colored cards and painted rocks and other silly things the kids have given me over the years. I still have them all in a little box in my closet.
love.gif

However....

I gave the worst gift of all time acording to my dear wife.

The first year we were married I wanted so bad to give her something she really wanted. We were very poor, money was very tight, so I saved all year, a few bucks from every single paycheck. I worked odd jobs on the evenings and weekends to put a few more dollars back. I as so proud of myself! I thought I was the best husband in the whole world! I bought her the most awesome vacume cleaner on the market.

hide.gif

I learned several things that day. Things I will never forget, like;

A woman does NOT want a vacume for an anniversary gift!

The couch doesn't sleep near as well as the bed....

Corn flakes for supper get really old after a couple of days...

The silent treatment is almost as bad as the tears when you say something...

I meant well, I really did, Guys just look at stuff differently. If I needed a new saw and got one, I'd be thrilled!
Several times during the year she had said she sure would love to have a good vacume... I listened.
The floor was sorta dirty because the old one was worn out... I looked to see.

I never did THAT again.
hide.gif

Quote:
THIS WOMAN LOVES vacuums! I would be thrilled to recieve one as a gift! I like practical stuff, my in-laws hate my Christmas list b/c I always ask for stuff the figure "not fun" I like sheets, candles, knifes, random things I want for my house and will use. lol

Back
Top Bottom