Whats with blame casters?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Squishy, May 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Squishy

Squishy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2011
    Florida
    Why must some people point their fingers all over the place... anywhere but at themselves?

I simply dont understand. [​IMG]

[​IMG] I just don't.

Some people in life... geesh. Perhaps at one point, I had something to say to a person about something.

Does that mean that some time removed, I'm responsible for the ills brought about by their own actions?
    Especially when those actions are exactly what I spoke about in the first place [​IMG]

Am I the only one who thinks it's weird... that some can't take responsibility for themselves?

Sure... I do wrong things all of the time.... but if someone has pointed out to me that such, will lead to such and such... and then such, does lead to such and such.... do I blame that person for what I did?

Of course not! [​IMG]

I'm adrift in a sea full of a lack of understanding.... someone please throw me a lifesaver? Not the candy kind. It might keep my energy up, but....

2. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    I know just what you are talking about.

Case in point - my younger SD. Lost six jobs in 2 years and do you know not one of those firings was her fault? [​IMG]

3. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    Simple, lack of personal responsibility/accountability.
    Is it everywhere? Yes. Do I understand it? No.

4. Bantimna

Bantimna Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    South Africa
    Ditto! So many times, I'd want to squeeze sense into finger-pointers' heads! It is easier to yap about someone or something else that thinking, hey I actually did worse a job then they did. Oh, yeah and you get those who can't just shutter uppers about others.

Thank you for letting me rant, I hope no broodies were disturbed.

5. Orchid

Orchid Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    North Central MN
    On the other hand, I think it's awfully strange when people feel the constant urge to stick their nose into the business of others and tell them what they think they should be doing from their holier-than-thou perspective.

Yep, there are plenty of less than mature people out there!

6. hennyannie

hennyannie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2011
    North Carolina
    Quote:

7. scbatz33

scbatz33 No Vacancy, Belfry Full

Jan 23, 2009
    South GA
    You all make very very good points. I think it's fair to say two rules here apply. Judge not lest ye be judged and you made your bed, now lie in it. Very old timey adages but still true today.

8. hennyannie

hennyannie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2011
    North Carolina
    Apparently no room for my words on the last one!!LOL My entire family is guilty of this, they have to blame someone when things go wrong for them. Alot of times its me that catches the blame.

9. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:I try very hard on the first part - I don't judge - but I am trying equally hard to teach my stepdaughters the second one (something they were never taught growing up).

Right now, there are about 5 truck toys belonging to GS in our yard. The dogs have chewed them up. There is also a pair of children's flip flops that got chewed this morning. DSD is upset. I didn't pick up the shoes and toys to keep my dogs from chewing them.

Don't blame my dogs. You didn't want them chewed, pick the dang things up yourself.

10. eenie114

eenie114 Completly Hopeless

MFB did it.

[​IMG]
    I understand where you're coming from... My phrase for that kind of person is, "Some people just can't handle being wrong. [​IMG] "

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by