Whats wrong with him please helpp!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by raiderbabe239, May 13, 2010.

1. raiderbabe239

raiderbabe239 ♥ Hatchaholic ♥

Jun 19, 2009
    Fort Myers, Fl
    This is Jappy, we have had him in isolation for the past week because hes had a respiratory problem, we have been treating him with tylan 50 1 ml in his mouth each night. he has been slowly getting better and tonight we gave him his last dose. about 10 minutes after we gave it to him and put him away for the night he started making these horrible noises and that was 30 minutes ago hes still making them, heres a few videos of him. whats wrong? what can i do for him?

ughh the videos havent "processed yet" they should be up soon but can anyone tell me what might be wrong? its like a gasping for air sound and then a shreiking sneeze sound every few minutes

Last edited: May 13, 2010
  2. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Wow, I don't have the answer for you. Lets bump this up. I hope he gets better soon. [​IMG]

3. paddock36

paddock36 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 24, 2008
    Ocala, Florida
    Could it be possible that the medication went down wrong and went in his lungs instead of his stomach. Just a guess. Hope he's ok.

4. homesteadingcowgirl

homesteadingcowgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2009
    Here's a bump to hopefully help, Hope it gets better soon

5. cutiecochingirl

cutiecochingirl Out Of The Brooder

May 13, 2010
    Indiana
    Quote:Yeah I think that thats what happened too. He sounds like he's gasping for air. Poor baby hope he gets better. [​IMG]

6. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    Bumping..good luck...!

7. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Be very very careful with respiratory illnesses....they can easily wipe out a flock. Sounds like the medication when down into his lungs.

8. raiderbabe239

raiderbabe239 ♥ Hatchaholic ♥

Jun 19, 2009
    Fort Myers, Fl
    Quote:I know weve had coryza before it was horrible our whole flock had to be culled, what he has doesnt smell at all though it was just a small cough here and there and a sneeze hes completely recovered from his respiratory thing and now this [​IMG]

So if it is just the medicine went down wrong is there anything i can do for him? he seems better this morning none of the shreiking sneeze stuff anymore but he still is having a little trouble breathing, is there anything i can do to help him or will he just get better on his own?

Last edited: May 14, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by