What's wrong with me?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by chickbea, Feb 26, 2009.

1. chickbea

chickbea Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2007
    Vermont
    Help! This is the first spring in years and years that I don't have an overwhelming desire to have baby chicks! Am I ill? I love a fluffy chick as much as the next person, so what's up with me?
    To make matters worse, I have had some losses this winter in my old biddy ranks, and at the moment I am down to only two 4 year olds, so I really need some replacements.
    Sure, I'm as depressed and worried as everyone about the state of things and the precarious nature of our economy, but that should make me WANT more babies (the price of eggs in the store makes me fall over!). My husband is terribly worried - he thinks I've lost it!
    Help me!

2. CritterHill

CritterHill Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2008
    SE PA
    Take a deep breath and head over to your local feed store. Once you hear the peeping, you are sure to be cured!

3. estpr13

estpr13 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2008
    Lexington, Ky
    Could it be your avatar? That is a strange looking comb on that silkie!

4. heyeddah

heyeddah Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2008
    Milford Ct
    I hear the snow in VT this year was never ending. Maybe you need to see the grass again to remember how fun the little cheepers are in the spring! Bunnies are cute, but they don't give you any food.

5. Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Enchanted Sunrise Farms Overrun With Chickens

Apr 26, 2007
    Fair Oaks, California
    Here, let me help. Take a look at this and tell me you don't want any baby chicks.

[​IMG]

6. bigzio

bigzio Overrun With Chickens

Jan 20, 2007
    Wisconsin
    chickbea, you need to give those two some company. They must be lonely....two is a couple, that ain't a flock!

Time to look at some poultry catalogs or hatchery web sites to get the fever again.... [​IMG]

~ bigzio

7. daisychick

daisychick Incubator Tetris Master Consultant

Feb 8, 2009
    Colorado
    I agree....I am sure if you saw some in person you could not resist. I am scared to go to the feed store this spring because I just know the chicks will be in and I don't think I could leave with out getting some. I have plenty but they call to me.... [​IMG] You just need new baby chick therapy [​IMG]

8. chickbea

chickbea Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2007
    Vermont
    Hey - that was helpful! Maybe part of my problem is that I haven't had time to get on BYC lately. I need the help of all you enablers to reinforce my addiction!

9. CritterHill

CritterHill Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2008
    SE PA
    Therapy...

[​IMG]

10. CityClucks

CityClucks The Center of a 50 Mile Radius

Jan 31, 2009
    Tulsa, OK
    More therapy...

[​IMG]