Whats wrong with my chick?

shell25

Chirping
9 Years
Sep 18, 2010
Derbyshire
We got 3 pullets 3 weeks ago that are around 10-12 weeks, one of them as started making this funny noise thats like a really weird sneeze and when she does it she moves her head funny aswell and also she keeps opening her beak and closing it as if gasping for air.

The other 2 are fine and not acting the same, she's well in herself eating drinking and roaming like she as been since we got her. My partner as felt her throat and cant feel anything stuck we went to our local feed supplier and he recommended some kind of chicken olive oil that is mixed with thier water, which they have had for the past 2 days she's not got any worse but neither any better.

Any suggestion appreciated.

She may have something stuck in her crop, maybe a wood shaving? Don't know what you're using for bedding. It may pass on it's on, but if it doesn't, maybe offering a TINY piece of bread with a drop of olive oil on it may help.

Ok, this might be silly, but are you sure she's not a he? That's about the average age of those first pathetic crows that don't really sound anything at all like a real crow, so......maybe? Can you post some pictures?

Quote:
Hiya

Yes they have straw in the nesting part of the coop, a few shavings belows the pirch (slide out tray) and then some bark in the run, ill see how she goes and offer her the bread how "tiny" does it need to be?

Thanks

Quote:
Hope not! Ive already had to return 1 that was meant to be a pullet but turned out a roo
sad.png
These pics were took 3 days ago.

I can't really make a good guess with those pics. I can tell that they're uber cute, but some closer/bigger pics of the comb, legs, and feathering around the tail and neck/shoulder area would be better for trying to figure out if you have a roo in there. The BR seems to have a more developed comb, but that might just be a breed thing, I only have one br and can't remember or find any pictures of what she looked like at that age.

Quote:
Having trouble uploading pics at the min, are these any better.

Her comb and wattle have recently only just come it were just a small pink line when we got her, where as my other pullet that turned out to be a roo had his within days of getting him, her tail is nothing like his were but i guess its a breed thing.

Ill try and upload some better pis this evening.

Thanks Michelle

Back
Top Bottom