What's wrong with my chickens earlobe?

Ecsnyder

In the Brooder
Dec 5, 2020
I noticed the other day my chickens earlobe was more red than normal with a tiny ”scab”. I cleaned it with hydrogen perioxide and applied neosporin. The next day it appeared darker in color and the feathers underneath we also almost gray. What could be going on? She is 7 months old Buff Orpington. She is acting normal, but I'm worried about what's going on. None of my other chickens are affected. Any help would be great.
This is the best picture I cul manage to get
7DFF4FA1-E486-484C-8AA4-4CB2CDC62DA6.jpeg

Attachments

• 0A91D88A-6706-438E-A331-85EF03B9E81D.jpeg
    0A91D88A-6706-438E-A331-85EF03B9E81D.jpeg
    401.5 KB · Views: 5
So the discoloration was only after I ”treated” it. When I first noticed it, it seemed more red and slightly larger with a small scab looking area. I don't think she is being bullied. Will keep an eye on it. Hopefully it will heal soon. I'm not going to use anything but the vet antiseptic spray if needed. I was just worried about an infection

I noticed the other day my chickens earlobe was more red than normal with a tiny ”scab”. I cleaned it with hydrogen perioxide and applied neosporin. The next day it appeared darker in color and the feathers underneath we also almost gray. What could be going on? She is 7 months old Buff Orpington. She is acting normal, but I'm worried about what's going on. None of my other chickens are affected. Any help would be great.
This is the best picture I cul manage to getView attachment 2438459
1606528697615.jpg

Back
Top Bottom