Whats wrong with my Duckling?!

A_Duck_Named_HappyFeet

In the Brooder
Nov 19, 2019
I am not sure what is wrong. It has been starting to make this noise since yesterday. I had bought this from another farmer. He had given me 24 ducklings. I have no clue when it was hatched or how old it is. It has wet poop and seems to make a weird noise whenever it starts breathing. I am worried that my duckling is going to die or its nothing to worry about. Starting today I have been giving him Apple cider vinger. He has a clean beding and food and water.

P.S I believe it has to do with the respiratory system. Not sure if it is a hundred percent true.

What's your watering setup? Ducklings do need deep enough water to dunk their entire heads (to clean out their eyes and nares [nostrils]) and the problem could have a fix as simple as putting him in the sink with water six-eight inches deep so he can clean himself properly.

Can you get a picture of his poop?

She has a 4 inch water container to dunk her head in. Its 5 inches wide and 4 inches deep. And yes, I will get a picture of her poop.

Is the half-closed eye usual? And is it swollen at all?

@Miss Lydia?

Not sure. He was born like that I guess. Like I said we bought them from another farmer, and she had said that she was born like that. I think it might have to do with foamy eye disease. The real problem I have is why she makes that noise with her nose. It might have to do with her nose being clogged. You might need to turn up the volume on the video to hear it. I don't know why my phone didn't get the sound so well...

Where are you brooding them do they have heat if outside and your having cold temps? What feed are you feeding?

I feed them chick starter feed. I have a builtin heat lamp in their coop. I usually let them wonder outside the backyard, letting eat ants, bugs, slugs and any other insects I don't want.

Foamy eye can be from not washing the eyes out can also be from respiratory infection. How long have you had these ducklings and you think the duckling was born like this? How were the ducklings kept at the farm and can you explain how your keeping them?

Back
Top Bottom