What's wrong with my eggs......

Ok so we have one that looks like she is on her way out. She has at least made it into the aircell.
20170927_101656.jpg

I have 3 eggs that I thought were the closest to hatching and the one above is part of that 3. This one I thought was the closest but has developed a spot on the shell which I am concerned about. What could it be???
20170927_101613.jpg

Sorry that egg with the spot is the previous one I posted about saying how the air cell membrane was pulsating.

This duckling internally pipped at around 6am so now it's been around 11hrs but hasn't externally pipped, can feel her tapping at the shell and she is clearly breathing ok. My air cells aren't as big as they should be, how long will she be ok in there without externally pipping?

This duckling internally pipped at around 6am so now it's been around 11hrs but hasn't externally pipped, can feel her tapping at the shell and she is clearly breathing ok. My air cells aren't as big as they should be, how long will she be ok in there without externally pipping?

Normally around 24 hours. But if you think the air cell is small, I'd maybe make a tiny safety hole around 16-18 hours. Up to you to guesstimate when.

My advice would be to leave the eggs alone and not fiddle with them too much. Don't worry about the air cells at this point since you cannot do anything for them.

They need to stay in the incubator for the humidity--some say the humidity helps soften the shell so you want to keep it up and not open too much during lockdown. Opening some is ok though

Yes it shifted down a little bit, more so on the other side but still not as much as a 3rd.
@ronott1 I'm staring through this glass on the bator and it's killing me..... humidity is up and unfortunately we have been hit with a cold spell today so am watching these temps like a hawk.

Yes it shifted down a little bit, more so on the other side but still not as much as a 3rd.
@ronott1 I'm staring through this glass on the bator and it's killing me..... humidity is up and unfortunately we have been hit with a cold spell today so am watching these temps like a hawk.
I know what that is like!
I have set up a camera so that I could watch the hatch at work. I am always relieved when I see the first pip

Back
Top Bottom