whats wrong with my goats?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by agnes_day, Feb 27, 2009.

1. agnes_day

agnes_day Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2008
    oklahoma
    this is weird..they act as if they are starving to death even if they have eaten..they have fresh hay and water so i dont know what the deal is. and today, my boy jack hasnt shut up! he is out there bleating about something..hes ok if i hold him but hes getting to big to hold.
    any advice would be great! [​IMG]

2. bheila

bheila Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2008
    Kent, Wa
    I'm sure that there is nothing wrong with your goats. Goats act like they're always starving. [​IMG] They will eat until they pop! [​IMG]

3. Teach97

Teach97 Bantam Addict

Nov 12, 2008
    Hooker, OK
    They have trained you! They have taken over your mind and are forcing you to do their will! [​IMG]

4. agnes_day

Aug 29, 2008
    oklahoma
    no i mean..if they think i am opening their feed box, they run frantically after me like crazy people...and then start chewing on me! its just so weird! even the dog doesnt freak out that bad [​IMG]

5. bheila

bheila Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2008
    Kent, Wa
    Honestly, that is normal goat behavior. I have to practically beat my 3 goats off of me to get to the feed. They are a pain in the butt when it comes time to feed. If they hear me open the door then they start screaming like they are dying....FEED ME, FEED ME, FEED ME!

ETA: This is why there are Antitoxin meds for overeating. THEY ARE REALLY PIGS IN DISGUISE!

Last edited: Feb 27, 2009
  6. crazy cat lady

crazy cat lady Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2008
    NW Illinois
    My goats are the same way. You can finished feeding them anda half hour later they think it's time to be fed again right now. I don't give in to them. I tell them it's not feeding time yet. I have one female who tries to get her head in the feed bucke to help herself. It is perfectly normal they way your goats are acting.

7. agnes_day

Aug 29, 2008
    oklahoma
    thats very good to know then.
    they are so interesting to me..earlier i was cleaning out their pen and i had the 3 goats, my whole group of chickens, my duck, and both dogs following me back and forth to the compost heap! [​IMG] [​IMG]
    life without animals would be pretty boring i think!

8. Smoky73

Smoky73 Lyon Master

Feb 8, 2007
    Colorado
    Normal goats. I am embarrassed to say that I have tried to sneak out of my own house on numerous occasions to avoid the goats seeing and hearing me or they start their screaming!

9. Skyesrocket

Skyesrocket Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    Yep, normal goat behavior. When a goat sees food their brains fly out their butts and it's all they can focus on. [​IMG]

10. agnes_day

Aug 29, 2008
    oklahoma
    Quote:yes! when i do the laundry i have to sort of duck down, or my boy freaks out and tries to come in..they have also learned how to open the door..they were at my sons bedroom door the other day throwing a fit to get in. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by