What's wrong with my poor chook Audrey ?

kasied80

Hatching
Nov 16, 2015
[/IMG]

Looks like it could be poop. You need to clean her up.
Soak her in some warm water and wash it off.

A little more info and better pic would be helpful
How old is she, is she laying, is she eating, is she drinking, what other symptoms if any does she have, what are you feeding her?
Better pictures of the area can be helpful, before you clean her up and after.

She is eating and drinking fine she is free range and I feed her some wheat, kitchen scraps/leftovers ( rice and veg) and some layer pellets, she is in the coop with about 15 other small hens at night so I'm not sure if she is laying, I have soaked her and it's got a bit better but seems to be still impacted although not rock hard, I can squish it if you know what I mean, she is about 12/18 months old

She is eating and drinking fine she is free range and I feed her some wheat, kitchen scraps/leftovers ( rice and veg) and some layer pellets, she is in the coop with about 15 other small hens at night so I'm not sure if she is laying, I have soaked her and it's got a bit better but seems to be still impacted although not rock hard, I can squish it if you know what I mean, she is about 12/18 months old

You will probably need to soak her again and get all that gunk out in order to see what is going on.
She could have an egg stuck in there, a prolapse or some other disorder. After you soak her you could apply some coconut or olive oil to help soften up some of the poo and maybe feel in there to see if she has an egg in there.
It does look swollen, if it is a prolapse you could apply some hemorrhoid cream to help reduce the inflammation.

Back
Top Bottom