What's Wrong with my Rooster- head is hanging on one side?

I agree, it looks like Wry Neck which is a neurological condition - this can be from Vitamin E deficiency, head injury/trauma and certain diseases like Marek's, Newcastles or Avian Lymhpoid Leukosis.

An ear infection and/or ear mites could also cause similar behavior.

Check his ears for any signs of obstruction, pus or mite debris.

You can give him 400IU Vitamin E daily along with 1/2tablet of human B-Complex vitamins (no iron). Offer some chopped egg or tuna for Selenium.

Eliminate the electrolytes for the time being. He needs to stay hydrated, so encourage him to drink. He may also do better eating his feed made into a wet mash.

Here's a good way of holding him so he can eat/drink. If that doesn't work you may need to tube fluids into him.

I agree, it looks like Wry Neck which is a neurological condition - this can be from Vitamin E deficiency, head injury/trauma and certain diseases like Marek's, Newcastles or Avian Lymhpoid Leukosis.

An ear infection and/or ear mites could also cause similar behavior.

Check his ears for any signs of obstruction, pus or mite debris.

You can give him 400IU Vitamin E daily along with 1/2tablet of human B-Complex vitamins (no iron). Offer some chopped egg or tuna for Selenium.

Eliminate the electrolytes for the time being. He needs to stay hydrated, so encourage him to drink. He may also do better eating his feed made into a wet mash.

Here's a good way of holding him so he can eat/drink. If that doesn't work you may need to tube fluids into him.
Thank you so much, for the info and the video too.. so glad there are others who can quickly let other know treatments and how tos..

Back
Top Bottom