What's wrong with my rooster?!?

chickincrazy

Chirping
6 Years
Jan 20, 2014
The middle of nowhere
I have a barred rock roo that I've had for about two years. When I first got him, he seemed to have something in his eye. I looked in it several times and tried to get the invisible irritant out, but I couldn't see anything. Now he's much older and still has the same problem in the same eye. His eye is constantly runny and it almost looks like his eyelid is too small for his eye! It's not eye worm, he has no white gunk coming out of his eye, and around here a case of eye worm is super rare. What's wrong with him???
idunno.gif

I have a barred rock roo that I've had for about two years. When I first got him, he seemed to have something in his eye. I looked in it several times and tried to get the invisible irritant out, but I couldn't see anything. Now he's much older and still has the same problem in the same eye. His eye is constantly runny and it almost looks like his eyelid is too small for his eye! It's not eye worm, he has no white gunk coming out of his eye, and around here a case of eye worm is super rare. What's wrong with him???
idunno.gif
Could be different things,have you ever used an eye antibiotic ointment for an eye infection?

An experienced poultry keeper told me to put vet rx in his eye and on the cleft in his mouth for a few days. I tried but he didn't improve...
I would be totally open to herbal remedies because I really don't have the money to spend going to the vet:(

Back
Top Bottom