Whats wrong with our baby??

AllyLuvsHerChicks

In the Brooder
May 20, 2020
Our turkey baby is our only one and has been spoiled...but at 5 weeks old we put her( we think it is a HER) outside and after one night she was laying down on one side. Didn't see a wound or bite?? Picking her up I noticed legs were straight but she couldn't stand. I have looked her over she does have that air bubble under wing at the joint. But after bought her inside after 3 days of only laying sideways she's been eating and drinking fine but she's moving her legs like she's peddling.I bought a small dog harness allowed her to hang her legs down while standing up but no weight on them. She didn't like it but grew better towards it being in it acouple hrs a day. shes was still no standing orwalking just hanging but one leg was touching ground though. It's been 5 days and now she's got better even looking better fluffy round looking again. Today she's standing on her own but for only short periods legs shaking really bad when she's standing, but when she's laying down she's not on her side sitting on her belly like regular before. So what is this??? Looking on here others are describing similar leg problems!!! But none replying end of results?? Is this a white turkey thing, having bad gene's or what??

Our turkey baby is our only one and has been spoiled...but at 5 weeks old we put her( we think it is a HER) outside and after one night she was laying down on one side. Didn't see a wound or bite?? Picking her up I noticed legs were straight but she couldn't stand. I have looked her over she does have that air bubble under wing at the joint. But after bought her inside after 3 days of only laying sideways she's been eating and drinking fine but she's moving her legs like she's peddling.I bought a small dog harness allowed her to hang her legs down while standing up but no weight on them. She didn't like it but grew better towards it being in it acouple hrs a day. shes was still no standing orwalking just hanging but one leg was touching ground though. It's been 5 days and now she's got better even looking better fluffy round looking again. Today she's standing on her own but for only short periods legs shaking really bad when she's standing, but when she's laying down she's not on her side sitting on her belly like regular before. So what is this??? Looking on here others are describing similar leg problems!!! But none replying end of results?? Is this a white turkey thing, having bad gene's or what??

Is it made for turkeys or gamebirds? A chick starter isn't formulated for the more rapid growth in turkeys. Is this a broad breasted poult or a heritage white? Generally it's recommended to feed a 28% protein game bird ration for the first month, than you can step down to 24% after 4-6 weeks.

15936253829967844470580420107916.jpg

Back
Top Bottom