What's wrong with their feathers?

I have eight eggs under a broody...all this time I have 11 pure fluffiy chicks...two are black...then..the eight more under a broody,not to mention several birds split for the fluffy gene.several babies are gangly teenagers...I will post pics soon, we are building a ten bay pen. They will live there. Each apartment will have it's own yard it will be awesome! Woot!

very nice!!! we love pic's...
I have eight eggs under a broody...all this time I have 11 pure fluffiy chicks...two are black...then..the eight more under a broody,not to mention several birds split for the fluffy gene.several babies are gangly teenagers...I will post pics soon, we are building a ten bay pen. They will live there. Each apartment will have it's own yard it will be awesome! Woot!

Some of Choockchicks eggs coming here too.
fl.gif
for a good hatch!
Fascinated with this project. Also have B/B/S eggs coming from Cowgirl who I believe was Ju's egg source for the origional splash pair. Dunno if same lines
fl.gif
...but could be and in any case good type to work in.

Lots of reading to catch up on in this thread but wanted to mark and say hey!

I too have some of choockchicks eggs headed my way. I have 3 pure Ameracauna pullets now so i am thinking about breeding back to them if I get a roo!

This is the one we named Chocolate Chip. Does she look kind of chocolate?

Last edited:
What a cute chick, misschickenlittle! Makes me think of a brownie
smile.png

We have some rocking eggs over here this morning as the silkied line eggs go into lockdown. One big egg in the greener eggs group is apparently the next big rock star - never seen an egg rock out that hard this early on. The bluer group is less active, but it's also a smaller group.

The other eggs should be arriving this week for their outcrossing companions. The first outgroup has 2 really nice strongly blue eggs in there along with 4 other good ones in the bluer group, I have my fingers crossed for them.

There are 3 more out groups on the way for a total of 4 unrelated ameracana lines to breed out to. I just hope our weather stays nice this week...snow last week made me nervous.

A brownie! Yes!! Her name is chocolate chip. But the more I look at her the more I think she's more black.

Can't wait to get started on this line!!! So anxious!!!

These guys are really itching to get out, came home and heard a peep from the incubator -- lo and behold the smallest egg of the bluer group had a dinky external pip-crack. Someone had to show up the big green egg! Can't wait for some good pictures for you all
smile.png

I would caution those that are trying to strengthen the breed to make sure that the pure ams you use to outcross to,are in fact just that. Many people in good faith believe they have good ameraucanas. But if they do not meet the standard or the very least very close...you may not be helping to "strengthen" the breed. The very thing you are striving to do.
Not harping just trying to help, I hope I'm not preachy,not my intent...but I have seen people breed their birds to what they believed to be a pure AM and it was an EE, simply because they didn't know. I have had people proudly show me a lovely EE and proclaim it to be an ameraucana. Sigh....this is an ongoing issue. And even I with all my good intentions cannot fix them....anyhow ...done now...maybe pics tomorrow.:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom