What's wrong with their feathers?

I think I have another that hatched a few days later. Tips are just coming in, but I'm pretty sure. The first one is dark blue with thick legs and HE is very upright. The other is a much lighter blue and and thinner legs, but it is a few days younger. Still! I think I have a pair!!!!

I have a bunch of silkied. All blue, black & splash.
wee.gif
I want more PM'd you. Your birds are gorgeous, I would love to have more. Can't wait for eggs, they should be laying any time now.

Hi Kim! (Can't find my waving smiley :/) how's things? I think we have decided to get out of the project. We have been in it for so long. Had to completely start over as you know. But my health is horrid this year and I am now relying on my kids and others to take care of the horses and chickens. So I think since the work is so much we have no choice but to down size. We have over two hundred birds on site right now and over twenty something are all silkied ameraucanas. I am super sad about it, I hate it so bad. We have a large flock of birds that have been integrated together. I am going to sell all of them.:( (that isn't a big enough sad face). I cannot ship live birds but if you can come to Texas we have pairs and chicks...I DO not know how to sex them at this age...other than the legs...:/
I hate this SOOO bad! www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php]
[/url

Gotta get my smileys in other places when you use an iPad. :/ you only get 8 on this thing. Sigh...

Btw I will give you a good deal on the entire flock! Just to make it fast. Pm if interested. Thanks. I will get pics up soon.

For the roll call: still working with them here. I have Blue/Black/Splash by way of CatKai and a pair of blue splits from ChooksChicks. Had a grow-out pen security failure and lost a handful of chicks to predators last night. Going to reinforce the digging protections with a new layer of hardware cloth and better attachment (screws and washers, this time, since it was the point of failure). Down to 42 project babies right now growing out, with a bit more than half fully silkied. Having the 5 adults on hand to collect eggs from helps a lot - they are quite the egg laying team. Working on building more secured grow out room before I hatch much more though.

Debating trying to hatch out more out cross lines of good quality AMs this fall or waiting until the spring. My first attempt was a huge failure due to my incubators. Can't wait to have the rest of that in order to really start the project in ernest though.

Hi back
frow.gif

Been dog busy here. Had to put out oldest to sleep a week ago this past Friday, 17 yrs 19 days. This past Friday 1 of my 14 yr old dogs has had a stroke. So we been more dog busy than chicken busy. Will pm here in a bit.

Sorry to hear you are having trouble. Could you just get down to a smaller # on birds?
Hi Kim! (Can't find my waving smiley
hmm.png
) how's things? I think we have decided to get out of the project. We have been in it for so long. Had to completely start over as you know. But my health is horrid this year and I am now relying on my kids and others to take care of the horses and chickens. So I think since the work is so much we have no choice but to down size. We have over two hundred birds on site right now and over twenty something are all silkied ameraucanas. I am super sad about it, I hate it so bad. We have a large flock of birds that have been integrated together. I am going to sell all of them.
sad.png
(that isn't a big enough sad face). I cannot ship live birds but if you can come to Texas we have pairs and chicks...I DO not know how to sex them at this age...other than the legs...
hmm.png

I hate this SOOO bad! www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php][/url

Gotta get my smileys in other places when you use an iPad.
hmm.png
you only get 8 on this thing. Sigh...

Btw I will give you a good deal on the entire flock! Just to make it fast. Pm if interested. Thanks. I will get pics up soon.

Yep look like it! Lol less birds is good enough! Yay! So most blues and all splashes must go...get to keep a few blues and all our blacks! :D

Anyone interested in birds please pm! In Dayton Texas, near Houston.

Hopefully someone can pick up your chicks soon and keep that end of the project going
smile.png
They sure are beautiful babies!

Sorry to hear about your dogs CatKai. It's always rough to lose one, even if putting them down is the best you can do to help them. I hope your doggie with a stroke gets well soon.

No further predator problems this morning so my reinforcements seem to have done the trick. Worried about it all night long. Going to do things this way going forward.

Back
Top Bottom