What's wrong with their feathers?

Is it possible the regular guy left one of those cards? Our old carrier did that all the time if she was feeling too lazy to come knock, or it was raining, or whatever.
roll.png

Last edited:
Kelly, did you ask them to hold the bird at your local PO? I've done that when I order chicks, and they call me at 5am to have me come and get them so they don't have to sit on another truck. I'm assuming you've been calling your PO to find the roo - maybe they can call the delivery truck and let you know a better window of time.

On another note, I just got a call from the research lady (who was a real *^$@%^&*) wanting to let me know they updated the tracking on the website. Couldn't be bothered to explain why the bird arrived late. I have the number for her manager and the consumer affairs person, both of which I will be speaking to on my lunch break. Absolutely disgusting behavior from everyone I've been speaking with about this (after the bird shipped). The people before then were positively lovely!

Last edited:
Just talked to my PO. He's sitting there at the PO b/c someone FORGOT to call me. Not sure why anyways, b/c they have ALWAYS delivered them before, I've never had to go pick them up.
barnie.gif
Going to get him NOW.

ETA: Apparently out for delivery doesn't mean a d**n thing.
somad.gif

Last edited:
My PO was never good about calling either, or even holding the packages if requested! I ended up getting a PO box at another branch, this one just a couple blocks from my work, to send important packages to.

I hope he settles in quickly, then gets down to business!
lol.png

He's here, he's here, he's here!!! And he's FINE!
wee.gif
As soon as I got to the PO I could hear him crowing.
lol.png
Apparently my phone # didn't get put on the outsie of the box, so they COULDN'T call me. I guess I can cut them a little slack for that one. They did try to look me up in the phone book, but couldn't find me. They took down my cell # for future reference (it's a very small PO). Pics as soon as I get him settled!

Quote:
=======
I'm trying to catch up here ... can I assume this thread is about crossing silkies with bantam eggers? or bantam ameraucanas?

About 1 week from now, I'm gonna have 10 blue silkies and 15 bantam eggers (day-olds) from Cackle Hatchery. I'm wanting to cross to get a very small broody hen who lays colored eggs, and the rooster has a soft crow.

So ... am I in the right place? The right thread?

If so, what name did you come up for this new breed?

Quote:
These aren't crosses. They are pure Ameraucanas that randomly hatched with the genes for silkied plumage. I haven't seen a thread about bantam easter eggers, you should make one!

Quote:
These aren't crosses. They are pure Ameraucanas that randomly hatched with the genes for silkied plumage. I haven't seen a thread about bantam easter eggers, you should make one!

==========
Do you know if anyone's crossed silkies with bantam eggers? I did a search but can't find an applicable thread.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom