What's wrong with their feathers?

Wheaten fluffies would be TO DIE FOR!
love.gif

Quote:
I sure hope so! I got these pullets as chicks from Jean this fall. They're laying now, so assuming the rooster is feeling manly, I'll have chicks in a few weeks. I only need a handful of their chicks, then a TON of the next generation to get what I'm looking for.

I've been staring at mine but they still aren't laying...I'm waiting, ladies!

My calico roo is very short-legged, nearly like a Chabo- it's an interesting look!

Quote:
I sure hope so! I got these pullets as chicks from Jean this fall. They're laying now, so assuming the rooster is feeling manly, I'll have chicks in a few weeks. I only need a handful of their chicks, then a TON of the next generation to get what I'm looking for.

Oooohhh, send me some eggs, PUH-LEASE!

I also got a fluffy roo today!
yippiechickie.gif
I am going to put him with my F1 hen and my 1 grown Wheaten girl. I'd love to have some of your eggies to have a second set of bloodlines for this!

Great photo of the rooster with the wheatens, Bailey. Hope he is able to get you started now.

Congrats on your new chicks, Kelly!

Renee, I know how hard it is waiting for them to lay. These hens take FOREVER!!!

Quote:
If all works as planned, 100% of their chicks will be blue, and smooth feathered. When I mate those siblings together, 75% will be blue/black/splash (with some red leakage, I'm sure), and 25% wheaten/blue wheaten/splash wheaten.

Of all of those colors, 25% will be silkie feathered. So statistically, if I hatch 100 chicks, about 5 or 6 of them will be some version of Silkied Wheaten.

Beyond that, I will cross the silkied wheatens back to pure wheatens a couple of times to improve type and egg color.

Quote:
Would the saying "a watched pot never boils" apply to chickens too?
wink.png

Not only that, but they get indignant about the nose smudges on their beaks...

Back
Top Bottom