What's wrong with their feathers?

wee.gif
Can't WAIT!! Can't WAIT!!! Can't WAIT!!!
fl.gif
celebrate.gif
clap.gif
jumpy.gif
ya.gif
yippiechickie.gif
droolin.gif
love.gif
woot.gif
bun.gif
jumpy.gif
wee.gif
celebrate.gif
droolin.gif
clap.gif
yippiechickie.gif

love.gif
fl.gif
THANK YOU CATKAI!!!!
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

I am so glad that the population of these is beginning to increase. These are going to be *super* popular. Kudos and Congrats to everyone who has worked so hard on these beauties!!

I'm working on colored-egg-laying Silkies (affectionately known to me as Silkie X... but maybe I should call them Silkie O, since the symbol for the blue-egg gene is O...) and folks are already wanting them. Hopefully by fall I can have enough base stock to send out some project eggs.
fl.gif

I am so glad that the population of these is beginning to increase.  These are going to be *super* popular.  Kudos and Congrats to everyone who has worked so hard on these beauties!! 

I'm working on colored-egg-laying Silkies (affectionately known to me as Silkie X... but maybe I should call them Silkie O, since the symbol for the blue-egg gene is O...) and folks are already wanting them.  Hopefully by fall I can have enough base stock to send out some project eggs.  :fl

What a cool idea!! I bet those really catch on! A silkie that lays colored eggs. I wish I'd have thought of that!

I am so glad that the population of these is beginning to increase. These are going to be *super* popular. Kudos and Congrats to everyone who has worked so hard on these beauties!!

I'm working on colored-egg-laying Silkies (affectionately known to me as Silkie X... but maybe I should call them Silkie O, since the symbol for the blue-egg gene is O...) and folks are already wanting them. Hopefully by fall I can have enough base stock to send out some project eggs.
fl.gif

Cool name: SilkieOs!
wink.png
Can't wait to see your eggs.

All the blue and green eggs in this picture were laid by my SilkieO project birds. Most of the rest are from Black Rosecombs and Sebrights. Hopefully the chicks hatched from these eggs will start laying in August or September and the next generation of SilkieOs can begin!

I think this is a really cool project!
Maybe it warrants it's own thread though so as not to confuse people additionally about the silkie feathered Ameraucana's being a silkie mix... just my 2 cents. :)
edited to add - if you do create a separate thread... please post a link here... I'd love to keep an eye on it too!

All the blue and green eggs in this picture were laid by my SilkieO project birds. Most of the rest are from Black Rosecombs and Sebrights. Hopefully the chicks hatched from these eggs will start laying in August or September and the next generation of SilkieOs can begin!

Last edited:
Good idea
thumbsup.gif

I think this is a really cool project!
Maybe it warrants it's own thread though so as not to confuse people additionally about the silkie feathered Ameraucana's being a silkie mix... just my 2 cents. :)
edited to add - if you do create a separate thread... please post a link here... I'd love to keep an eye on it too!

I just candled the 20 eggs from Katcai and the 6 from my lavender ameraucanas: All but 2 of the silkie feathered and 1 of the lavenders are showing veins!

wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif

Wow, that's kind of hard on the eyes. Oh well! I'm HAPPY!

Back
Top Bottom