Whats wrong with these chicks?

Okay thank you I can't get her to eat anything. And I don't think she is going to make it but I am trying.

Is she panting or possibly too hot? Of is she gasping for air? I’m sorry that she is possibly dying. If she is having internal bleeding from damage to her intestines, then it is painful, and it may not be reversible.But I hope that you can bring her around. Here is a good picture of where to insert a needle-less syringe and give oral fluids safely down the right side of the chick’s throat, avoiding the airway (in the center.)
1702237255364.jpeg

Is she panting or possibly too hot? Of is she gasping for air? I’m sorry that she is possibly dying. If she is having internal bleeding from damage to her intestines, then it is painful, and it may not be reversible.But I hope that you can bring her around. Here is a good picture of where to insert a needle-less syringe and give oral fluids safely down the right side of the chick’s throat, avoiding the airway (in the center.)
View attachment 3702375
She doesn't seem to be to hot. She is sitting in the middle of the brooder so not directly under the light. Maybe gasping as she is sitting here it is closed but as she takes each breath she opens her mouth. Okay that is a bummer. I will try to get some fluids down her.

Let us know how she is in the morning. I hope she gets along okay.
She didn't make it through the night. The others seem to be a little more active but it doesn't last long. After a bit they will huddle back up and be puffed up. The other orpington doesn't seem to be getting better. She is eating and drinking but she is more puffed up than the rest. How much longer do you suggest I do the straight corid? It's been 3 days now. I have been adding it to their water for 3 days. Do I just do one more day? If it is something respiratory do I just add vet rx to their water? Can I add that with the corid?

Sorry for your loss. Can you either get a fecal test done at your vets to look for coccidia, or ask them for a sulfa antibiotic, such as sulfadimethoxine or SMZ-TMP? It could be they have a strain of coccidiosis resistant to Corid. I would continue giving the straight undiluted Corid 1/4 ml daily to the sickest ones.

Back
Top Bottom