whats wrong with this chick ?

broschicks

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jun 29, 2010
This is our first time hatching and this is the one that hatched looks its lil leg whats wrong with it ? it was hatched on the 19th !Its trying to walk its chirping ,eating ,drinking !

61851_img_1182.jpg

Last edited:
spraddled leg. sometimes this can be fixed, sometimes it cannot. I culled 2 from this past hatch that I could not fix. I know there are sights/links about this. I don't know them off the top of my head. But, if you search Spraddled Leg, you might could find something.

You can cut a bandaid in half length wise. then put the chicks feet underhim, like they should be, put the baind aid on him, leave the legs spread the distance of the white pad on the inner side of the band aid. and if the joints aren't too messed up or the tendons aren't too bad off he should be able to stand up just fine and walk around.

if you can feel on the joint that the tendon is popped out of place, you sometimes, can pop it back in place. Sometimes it's just a birth defect and you cannot.

hopefully someone has some links on this. but i've had to work on about 4 of my chicks. 2 i saved using the band aid, but the others i culled...they couldn't ever stand up to eat or drink.

good luck

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom