whats your chickens favorite treat??

My pullets favorite treat is bread or toast. My chicks favorite treat is broccoli. I pull bite size pieces apart into tiny little pieces. No matter how many pieces are on the floor...they fight over one of them and chase each other around.

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

Our girls will do the same! All 13 of them turn into absolute pigs when we break out the grapes. They will jump up in your lap or on to the patio table if you aren't dishing them out fast enough. Blueberries are pretty popular too....especially frozen ones.

Kasey

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

Our girls will do the same! All 13 of them turn into absolute pigs when we break out the grapes. They will jump up in your lap or on to the patio table if you aren't dishing them out fast enough. Blueberries are pretty popular too....especially frozen ones.

Kasey

I gave ours grapes and they ignored them. Squeezed them and everything... I was SURE they would love them. They did like eating the blueberries off of the bushes I planted, though!
idunno.gif
:idunno

Tomatoes and crickets.

I had lots of extra tomatoes this year. I would through them some every time I was in the garden.

Though they eat almost anything I through to them.

Mine are loving wasps. We are catching them in the reusable wasp catchers that I reload with fresh meat once a week. We catch 100-200 wasps a day. I stick the catchers in the freezer for about 10 minutes to kill any that are still alive then sprinkle them in the run and the chicks go "CRAZY".

~Shannon

Oh I'm glad you mentioned that! I acccidentally killed a honeybee yesterday and was wondering if it was ok if they ate it-i was worried about stinger.

Back
Top Bottom