whats your chickens favorite treat??

Kale. We grew kale for our dog's food (which we have switched to a completely meat, bones, and organ diet) Now we have an endless supply of Kale growing in our garden. Every time we go out to the garden we grab a handful of Kale and toss it into them. It's funny to watch them pick it up and toss it over their heads
lol.png
And rice noodles, man do they love rice noodles too.

Mine have always loved yogurt-then sunflower seeds.
smile.png

I finally got them to eat cantaloupe seeds and pulp. They turned their beaks up at the rinds for several days-but last evening I went out to collect the rinds to put in the compost and discovered they had eaten completely the cantaloupe rinds-nothing left at all. Is that okay for them?
hu.gif

1. Any kind of bug or worm.
2. Hulled sunflower seeds.
3. Berries or dark leafy greens. Especially blueberries and chard.
4. Every other food they've ever had.
lol.png

my chickens love meal worms, we tried the mix of nuts and dried fruit and when we gave it to them they just looked at us and ignored it. i had an old farmer friend of mine tell me they used to hang a beef heart in the chicken pen he said they liked it and it helped stop them from pecking eachother.

Mine love anything from the cabbage family... cabbage, kale, Brussels sprouts, etc. I can't grow kale in my garden because these chickens demolish it as soon as it sprouts.

Back
Top Bottom