What's YOUR chickens' favorite treat?

Mine love bread, tomatoes, watermelon, earth worms, crickets, corn, banana and really any soft melon or fruit, noodles are a big favorite too!!
smile.png

Mine are about the same as "ttrjpbcz". Probably bits of bread are their favorite. The love lettuce, carrots, corn, watermelon. They eat just about anything.

Mine LOVE blueberries. They go bonkers, running around with them in their mouths. Can't say I blame them, we do get some great blueberries around here.

I also found out today that they love tomatoes almost as much as blueberries.

The strangest was hummus, but of course they ate it all gone, watermelon, corn on the cob, green beans, romaine lettuce, and the first treat I ever gave them was an uncooked spaghetti squash cut in half length wise which the ate, skin and all in about 30 seconds flat!

Yesterday or today?
It changes day by day. Yesterday they went nuts over some figs....I'm talking "give it to me before I rip your hand off" nuts. Today I picked a granny smith apple, usually I love em, but today it tasted to tart for me. The chickens loved it.

Bananas, strawberries and tomatoes in that order... They also absolutly love sorrel which is a weed...they will come a running when I toss the plants in...There is absolutly none left in the garden where they free range...I pick it out of flower gardens around the house...

My RIRs are oddly picky they love corn on the cob, broccoli from the garden, any kind of bread, mealworms of course, and canned corn.
They like but not love cottage cheese, and yogurt.
They won't touch watermellon, cantelope, squash, and don't really like strawberries, apples or cooked oatmeal.

My Chickens love ...Special K cereal---

Discovered by accident-really-as the box was about to expire past the date of sell time--and-I thought-well, it's filled with vitamins and the good stuff-soooo...why not try it ...as they love all sorts of crackers, and such...and its healthy for them!(in limited amounts)

Now they come running when they see "the red and white box",
and know its their special K treat time!!!

Try it....I imagine they'll chase you down for it too!

Happy treating!
yippiechickie.gif

Back
Top Bottom