What's Your Chickens names and Why are they named that?

My birds are: Mr. nibbles, Lamey, % and Jenn
chickens are: Psychotic Chicken, =, Ironic, red starbuck, Slunky, Celia, Ishtar and Grace
they are named after the names of the people in the online group I visit.

I have 3 chooks(all hens):
Breed-Name-Reason
ISA brown-Toffee-Because her feathers are the colour of Toffee
Araucana(Possible EE)-Sky(nickname is Chubbs)- Because she always looks up at the sky and because she is chubby.
Light sussex bantam-Penny-She's just called that...
lol.png

Maxine is named after my favorite singer Max Bemis.
My hubby named the leghorn Camilla after Gonzo's girlfriend.
Our silverlaced wynadotte is named Nicci Chixx (my bff is named Nicci, loves Motley Crue and insisted one be named after her).
My wheaton ameraucana is named Cara (a character from the Sword of Truth series, which are my favorite books).

The rest aren't as creative:
Ginger is our RIR (not quite as fitting since she turned out to be a he lol),
Buffy is a buff orpington,
Isis is an ISA brown,
Betty (as in Ram Jam's Black Betty) is a black australorp,
Goldie is a goldenlaced wynadotte

Last edited:
We currently have 21 pullets and 1 rooster... by the end of the week it should be 18 pullets, 1 rooster... anyhow. We haven't named them all yet because, honestly, some are really hard to tell apart.

Breed-Name-Reason

EE - CAKE - it was around the time of my oldest son's 4th birthday and I asked him what we should name his favorite chick and the first thing he said was "Cake". She's been Cake ever since.

BLRW rooster - Crookshanks AKA Big Papa - He has one crooked toe and he's just HUGE! Plus, I really like the Harry Potter movies and thought this name was perfect for him

EE - Scarlet AKA Hawk - She's the only one with the most beautiful red markings on her. My husband thinks she looks like a Hawk so that's what he calls her.

BO - Coco - My son decided that ALL the BOs should be named Coco. It's one of his favorite characters from the cartoon "Chuggington"

CM - Gabi - She LOVES to chat to you

BLRW pullet - Princess Di - She has the most delicate, prissy personality and face. There's something so soft about her (looks and personality) She's shy and so dainty.

I have 23 rhode Island reds..started with 24 and lost one, sadly only one is named,and in the house as a pet... she started out good, but I believe she sustained some sort of head or neck trauma and ended up in "intensive care and chicken therapy" (that is a long story) she is doing much better now but considerably smaller than the rest of the flock..and will always be a pet.. her name is "teacup" caiuse she is so small..at 6 weeks she is still small enough to fit in the palm of my hand...and very spoiled and loved.

Miss Kitty (the Madame of my coop) Gold Laced Wyandotte
Miss Kat - the other gold laced wyan
Lila - a white silkie chicken
Big Momma -cochin, I think (new to chicken keepin and they were given to me)
Ben - rooter, americana, my daughter named him
Henny Penny - Brown Leghorn
Lucy Goosey - a Easter Egger
Myra - Easter Egger
Buelah - Black hen with a gold chest
Eunice - Same as Buelah
Jazzy - Not sure but my favorite
One - White Leghorn (3 months old)
Two - White Leghorn (hen 3 months old same as above)
Holden - White Leghorn rooster (3 months old)
Kentucky - as in Kentucky fried cuz I thought he might be lunch and then I saw him lay an egg so she had to stay
Liberty - Black Americana
Sparkles - Black Americana
Dancer - Buff Orphington who constantly fluffs up her feathers at me
Zebra - A Barred rock

Maisie - Her color, she looks like maize
Amber - Her color and my son named her
Wynnie - she's a Wyandotte
Lilith - She's sleek and shiny black like Frazier's wife Lilith's hair in the old Cheers sitcom. Don't ask me why????
gig.gif

Frisbee - She's just fuzzy and has little tufts. Don't know what that has to do with Frisbee...She was just my cute little "toy"
and my dogs' favorite toy is a floppy little Frisbee. It just kind of happened!

Just a side comment but Wynnie is the only one who won't come to me or let me catch her. The others all come running but
I have to corner her to get my hands on her at all. She's very skittish and "unfriendly". But that's ok...they are all individuals with
their own personalities.

Well, let's see....I have 14 chickens. I have one named food, and another named food, and then there's food and food and food. Then there's food, food, and food. Oh yeah, how could i forget about food and food. Let's see, who else? Ah, yes, those nice fat ones, food, food and food. Hmmmm, one more.....Got it! That would be my favorite one of all---Sunday dinner!

UGCM

This topic is great as I have been meaning to name my birds. The lists got my creative juices going for the ones that did not have names yet.

Here are the names for my chicks - it took several weeks for some of them to earn their names:

BOs
Barbara - leader of the flock
Sunnie (Actually she is named Sunrise in the morning and Sunset in the evening. She was named by my 8 yo nephew.)
Betty Sue - just because
Ellie May - because she is so much lighter than the others.

EEs-
Dora (my 4 yo niece named her)
Mary Ann

Barred Rock
Ozzie - may become a Harriet, she combed VERY early but in every other way looks like a pullet, comb is still yellow too. So three weeks ago Ozzie.

Polish - were given french names because they look sophisticated ; )
Anais - pronounced Ana - eese: we had a french student last weekend and this was the name of his girlfriend. It will take his name if it ends up as a boy.
Clarette - my 17 yo son says she is really named Dozer as in a bulldozer
Elodie - pronounced ay- low- dee
Mathilda - golden polish

Columbian Wynadottes - two Ms because they are twins
Mavis
Martha

Naming them was half the fun of having them IMHO

Back
Top Bottom