What's your dumb dog story?

yuckyuck.gif
What a picture I have painted in my imagination. That's right upthere with chipmunk IMO.

My dog is so addicted to food she ate THREE large vannila scented candles... Iguess the fact that candle one and two didn't taste like they smelt was not enough evidence for her so she ate candle three and spent the day vomitting vanilla.... I have now thrown away all my vanilla room scents as all I can asociate the smell with is great heaps of vomit.

Incidentaly this is the same dog that last year broke into a giant tin of mixed chocolates, when we got home we found a pile of orange scented cream ones, I guess she doesn't like those. The rest of them she ate, wraper and all. Later that night she chucked up the wrappers.

I am just seeing the common thread here, eat everything and throw up whatever doesn't agree with you.
lau.gif

Vanilla candles almost make sense compared to my female Dobe, Dakota Moon, who can't seem to keep herself from eating large tubs of vasoline.
hmm.png
She pulls the tops off, licks the jars clean and spends the next few day with vasoline coming out her other end. You would think she would learn...you would think I would learn...

Quote:
thanks BH, its also just my name. I am really Catherine, but when I was small everyone called me Kitten and when I got big I was Cat. Even my foster grandaughter calls me Grandma Cat

I have a food-obsessed Lab/Ridgeback mixed named Lulu.

Lately the dumbest thing she has done is to get into our litter robots (automatic litterbox) and EAT the litter. Yes, I know lots of dogs will eat cat poo, but these litterboxes are automatic and there is NO poo to eat. She actually eats the litter itself. I use a wheat-based, non-clay cat litter that looks kind of grape nuts cereal...apparently she thinks it is delicious an will eat pounds and pounds of it every chance she gets.
hmm.png

So I spend lots of time coming up with new ways to keep the litterboxes out of her reach...oh, and cleaning up the mountains of poo she passes after eating all of that litter! :mad:

The absolute dumbest thing she's ever done, though, happened when she was just a few month old. I used to keep their food sealed in a rubbermaid trash can on the back porch. One day she knocked it over while we were at work, somehow got the lid unlatched, and had herself a feast.

When we got home she was so full that she looked like a balloon. She was so bloated she could not stand up, but could not lay down or sit either. She just waddled around in this painful looking crouch looking guilty.

We had to spend the night on the phone with the emergency vet, staying away to make sure she was going to survive her extra large meal. To this day I am dead certain that if there had been any more food left in the container she would have been dead because she would have kept right on eating.
roll.png

Now we store the food in a Lulu-free zone!

Quote:
well, I disagree.
hmm.png
Of course he's NOT dumb! :mad: No animal is "dumb". Hey, if anyone is dumb, it's humans!
lau.gif
I mean, dogs aren't polluting this world, right?
barnie.gif
LOL

My 80# hypothyroid short hair weim I call Bub usually is guilty of counter surfing. While reading these funny stories my 25 yr old son walked in, gave Bub a meatball behind my back that has the white cream sauce for "white spaghetti" and leaves the room. I look over at Bub who's got his meatball between his front paws with his head hunkered down between his shoulders with the most sorry and guilty look I've ever seen him give... so of course I automatically grab the newspaper, shove his head away from that nasty thing and use the newspaper to pick up that nasty kitty crunchy from the litter box, start to toss it when I smell: meatball...
POOR BUB! Yes, I gave it back! Poor Bub...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom